• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Post your car show or race wins here!

Dougxox

Well, took another first, 05+ verts, three in class. Had total of three CS's in a show of 250 cars (Fords Unlimited Show in St. Louis). I am now 2 firsts and 2 seconds out of 4 shows!
Caligirl was there with one and an old neighbor of my parents with the other.
Not sure if either of them placed. There was about 10 or 12 cars in the coupe class. Will post photo later when I take one.
heres a few shots of my car a week before the show:

Attachments

• welts 058.jpg
    welts 058.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 28
  • welts 055.jpg
    welts 055.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 24
  • welts 057.jpg
    welts 057.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 24

nates68

Took Top 15 Award In Reno Show,best Part Was Getting Interviewed
On Local Tv With My Car. Kolo8, Featured Videos Pick:classic Car Owners Hurting. Its About Gas Prices Hurting Us Going To Shows.
Around 200 Cars At Show.

Nates68

J.Bart

i received 2nd in the 2000 up class at a small show here, but there were only three cars in the class

Perkchiro

Last year (2007) I entered my first judged event. The All Ford show sponsored by the local MCA affiliated mustang club. I took 2nd in the 67-68 coupe/fastback stock class. Yesterday, I took 2nd again in the same class at the same show. Last month, I got a 2nd place in the top 20 for a local show. No first place yet, but I feel pretty good about the two 2nd place trophy's.

As a side note, one of the officials that judged my car at the All Ford show this year began by asking, " tell me what the difference is between a California Special and a standard mustang coupe". I gave the the condensed version over a span of one minute. He thanked me and continued to judge my car with no further comments. I felt like I was probably not fairly judged because the guy had no clue what kind of car he was looking at. Oh well:smile:.

rvrtrash

Last year (2007)
I felt like I was probably not fairly judged because the guy had no clue what kind of car he was looking at. Oh well:smile:.

How about this one? I went to my first show of the season last weekend. When I pulled in, they said they weren't expecting a California Special, so put me in with the '69-70 Mach 1's ,"to be fair". It was participant judged and my class was judged by the street rod guys. One even asked if I belonged to the Mustang club and when I said No, told me he couldn't vote for me. I overheard another tell his buddy he'd like to vote for my car but was supposed to vote for somebody elses. The last time I went to this show about 3 years ago, I heard the same kind of comments, so I think it was all rigged. I can't tell you who did win, because I got stung on my little toe by a wasp and had to leave early because my foot swelled to the size of a grapefruit. I've decided if I'm going to be in the sun for 6 hours, I'd rather be on the river.

Steve :cool:

nates68

Hi Steve, Same Type Of Thing Happened This Weekend At All Ford Show. The Guy That Judged And Picked The Winner Was The Same Guy That Sold All The Parts To This Guy. Feels Real Good To Sit The Sun For 6-8 Hrs And Get Screwded At The Same Time.but I Made Up For It At Peppermill Casinio Hot Aug Nights (best Of Show Winner)
This Makes 3yrs In A Row.

Nates68

nates68

Thanks Tim, Sure Glad Its Over. Full Week Of Showing My Car Im Beet. Got To Meet Richard Dreyfus @ The Peppermill. The Money They Gave Me Was Nice Also.

Nates68

BroadwayBlue

Got the CS on the road again this year after redoing the dash and repainting the engine along with some other details.

Shows

2nd place at Mustangs Unlimited (CT) in the 67-68 class (popular vote) - Bill Norman's cross continent trekking GT/CS placed 3rd.
2nd place at the Hudson Valley Mustang Club in the 67-68 class (popular vote)
Top 100 award at the Saugerties, NY Sawyers Motors Show (500 cars) (judged)

Cruise Nights

Received awards at all 3 cruise nights attended so far.

For me though, I prefer the conversations at the gas pump and other stops along the way and nods and waves of approvals while cruising over the trophies ... I could do without the price of the gas though :grin:

Last edited:

mustangj

Attended another show yesterday and got Gold. There were 3 CSs there, my 07, an 08 and an 09 all took gold.

nates68

Two More Wins, Pontiac Show Got Top 20, Summit Racing Took
First Place Muscle Car, Plus $100.00 Bucks Summit Money.

Nates68

Perkchiro

Got a 1st place in the 67 -72 "modified class" at the "Car Show and Shine for Kids" sponsored by ANPAC Insurance company in Springfield last weekend. I'm learning that my car loses points in the stock class. So I switched to modified and won. I guess I have too many personal touches to win stock class. Live and learn.

nates68

Just Won Another Best Of Show In Fallon Nv. Best Part Was It Paid
$1200.00 Cool Cash........ I Wish I Could Find Shows Like This Every
Week Or So.(lol ).

Nates68

Ladystang

Won a trophey on Sat. at a local show, and on Sunday won first place in new cars catagory while hubby took Best in class with our other mustang. (02 GT)
We did good this weekend.

OP
OP
G

GTCS07

I took a second last Sat. I think it would have been 1st but it was a class for factory built specialty Mustangs and the sheet only listed Bullits and Mach 1s so some people didn't realize that they could vote for mine.

PFSlim

Two weekends ago, we hosted a small car show here in our hometown. The show was to raise money for returning troops from Iraq to a nearby army base. Our goal for the entire event was $2,300. Instead, the event raised $7,000 and we raised $107 for the car show. Each person who wanted to vote for their "Peoples Choice" was charged $1 to vote.

Our GT/CS won the "Peoples Choice" trophy. Last weekend, we entered a local show in our former home town. We competed in the 1960-1969 class. They gave out top two for each class which was called "Outstanding in Class', which we won.

I think we are done showing for the year. I need to focus more time on getting body work done on the Cobra.

The newest trophies are the taller red one in the center (Peoples Choice) and the small purple color one on right (Outstanding in Class).

Paul

Attachments

• DSC01535.jpg
    DSC01535.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: