• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Scam or Typo on eBay

BroadwayBlue

Something is up.

This car was on eBay recently and didn't meet a reserve of $23,650 and a high bid of $21,100.
http://tinyurl.com/alnzj

After lowering the reserve and buy it now above they listed it a few weeks later with a higher buy it now.
In the other auction it had different bidders but the same high bid of $21,100 and a Buy It Now of $28,900.
http://tinyurl.com/cufv3

** Actually I just noticed this 2nd auction is still active - so now the car is on eBay in two different auctions at the same time! I say your link Arlie is a scam. The guy stole a few pics I think and made up the post.

68gt390

The link that Arlie posted is no longer active. It's been removed from ebay. Strange coincidence isn't it. We start talking about the ad's and one of them disappears. Amazing.

Don

BroadwayBlue

68gt390 said:
The link that Arlie posted is no longer active. It's been removed from ebay. Strange coincidence isn't it. We start talking about the ad's and one of them disappears. Amazing.

Don

Interesting ... verrrrry interesting ...

case12

I have been emailing Jason about another car that was not quite so obvious a scam the way it was presented, but still a scam. The crooks out there are getting better at it. The price, so far, is usually the give away. The scammer even had plenty of feedback, but NONE of the recent transactions could I link to. Beware, the crooks are getting smarter. The old saying goes, "If it is too good to be true, it usually is not true" - especially on a forum like ebay. (But, I still hold on to the dream of one day finding that GTCS or 428CJ in a barn somewhere in Kentucky - dream on...). Casey

390cs68rcode

casey

I agree I am waiting for that 428 CS to show up. You know there is only one 428 CS that cannot be accounted for?

Gatorbait

Has anyone ever emailed these guys that offer pristine Shelby's at 6k on Ebay to figure out how the scam works? I find it amazing Ebay continues to let them on there. There are 2 or 3 mustangs on there at any given time that simply have to be scams given the pricing.

390cs68rcode

hicountrybob said:
6 HCS 428CJ cars in the HCS registery of 9 total= 3 missing as per my conversation with Kevin Marti. HC BOB here.

thanks for the update. 4 out there (hopefully) left to be found.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Gatorbait said:
Has anyone ever emailed these guys that offer pristine Shelby's at 6k on Ebay to figure out how the scam works? I find it amazing Ebay continues to let them on there. There are 2 or 3 mustangs on there at any given time that simply have to be scams given the pricing.

There are 3 right now. I've e-mailed eBay about all 3.

68MustangHCS

BroadwayBlue said:
Something is up.

This car was on eBay recently and didn't meet a reserve of $23,650 and a high bid of $21,100.
http://tinyurl.com/alnzj

After lowering the reserve and buy it now above they listed it a few weeks later with a higher buy it now.
In the other auction it had different bidders but the same high bid of $21,100 and a Buy It Now of $28,900.
http://tinyurl.com/cufv3

** Actually I just noticed this 2nd auction is still active - so now the car is on eBay in two different auctions at the same time! I say your link Arlie is a scam. The guy stole a few pics I think and made up the post.

I talked with this guy about his car and he claims because of the BJ auction fetching nearly 50k for a GTCS, he figured he could make more on the car now. I don't blame him do you? I saw one sell on eBay for over 30K recently.

68MustangHCS

Gatorbait said:

Whoever sets these up on eBay has basically hi-jacked someones account and password. They put these on and I guess they fish for people to contact them and try to screw them out of money, credit card info, passwords, account info or more? This is probably a result of a phishing scam. If you contact eBay about it, they will remove them very quickly. Just remember if someone asks you to email them directly and not to use their eBay account, it's most likely a SCAM. I've noticed a lot of the accounts that post these "too good to be true" scams have had little or no activity on the accounts in a while. Just look at the feedback on these accounts.

BroadwayBlue

68MustangHCS said:
I talked with this guy about his car and he claims because of the BJ auction fetching nearly 50k for a GTCS, he figured he could make more on the car now. I don't blame him do you? I saw one sell on eBay for over 30K recently.

I don't blame him. But it doesn't explain the posting with the really low price and the pics of this car that Arlie first posted.