• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Green GT/CS in Waynesville, MO

RacingFan

Hi All,

I was traveling through Waynesville MO last week (on a business trip to Fort Leonard Wood, MO) and happened to notice a green GT/CS go by in the opposite direction. I was traveling West on Old Route 66. I didn't even catch the color of the stipe for sure, but I beleive it was black. The shade of green looked fairly dark, almost like highland green. Anybody know who's it might have been? Thanks!

Racing Fan

mmarsalone

Did it have Shelby 10 spoke wheels? I may know the car, but I don't know who owns it now. When I leved in Eureka, MO there were two GT/CSs in town. Mine and the one that maybe you saw. The previous owner, Charlie, sold it just after I moved back to New Orleans. I used to help him with some of the work on the car. And, we went to a lot of car shows together. And it did have black stripes. Charlie did not like white stripes, so when he had it repainted, it was a few shades lighter so he could put black stripes.

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Hi Mike,

It actually went by so fast I didn't get a good look. But is always a little exciting to see one on the road, I just wish I had been driving mine!

I am down that way fairly often from Virginia, I will keep my eye open and let you know if I run into the car/owner again. Maybe I can catch him at a local car show this summer.

Perkchiro

68Calisp is stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood. It may have been his car. I don't know much about it, but I met him at a car show here in Springfield last year. Very nice fellow.

Perkchiro

That's curious. I'm surprised he's not on here anymore. Don't know what happened to him. I'd guess him to be in his mid twenties and he wanted to restore his car. I didn't see his car (it was in storage I think) but we talked quite a bit about it. Hopefully he'll pop up here again. His name is Cameron.

Found him: http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/member.php?u=751