• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Driver's Mirror

BigJim

The glass in my driver's side mirror cracked for some reason. Is it possible to just replace the glass or do I have to replace the entire mirror? Who offers the best quality standard (not remote) mirror?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

franklinair

If you Google C7AZ-17696-A You'll find a myriad of listings for the non remote mirror. Scott Drake advertises a concourse correct unit. $50+/-.

Neil

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

If you Google C7AZ-17696-A You'll find a myriad of listings for the non remote mirror. Scott Drake advertises a concourse correct unit. $50+/-.

Neil
Thanks Neil, ordered the Drake mirror. Does anyone know if you have to remove the inner door panel to install the mirror or is the door itself threaded to accept the mirror mounting bolts?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

franklinair

Its just secured on the outside. (Some cars will have a threaded rivnut, others just a sheetmetal screw. Depending on the previous installer. The rivnut is correct.)

Neil