• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Mustang Headrests--Dealer Option

Redwingrobb

Yeah, I'm finally back from Florida. Lost 20 pounds and am beat. Anyways, at the last minute, I decided not to put these headrests on the car. Still in the box. Nothing wrong with them, just going in another direction. Before I put them on Ebay, thought I'd give you folks a first shot. Selling them for 125.00 (includes shipping). Less than what I paid for them. Send me a PM if you're interested. Robb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=4634645813&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

BroadwayBlue

Can someone explain how these mount?
Do they mount on the outside of the seats or do you need to cut the seats?
They appear to have a bar that goes on the back.
Anyone?

lunker

I have questions about headrests as well. My car (according to Mr. Marti and his report) was ordered with headrests. They are no longer with the car. I would like to recover the seats and would like to add the headrests back to the car. I have seen two types for 68 - both with dual posts. One type is as shown on this thread with the "over the back" look. The other type, which I observed this past weekend at the Mustang Roundup in Steamboat Springs (great show, almost 500 mustangs) look more like the 69 headrests and set on top of the seat (dual posts). Maybe the difference is one was factory ordered and installed and the other dealer installed?

dbeal

From the factory they were dual post similar to the 69. I say similar in that they were form fitted almost like the dash pad. They were not upholstered. My car is supposed to have those too. Unfortunately the ones in the car were too badly rusted, and deteriorated to save..I have been looking for replacments, but they have been way out of my price range..over 500 bucks for a very good replacement pair. I may go the 69 bucket seat route...

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Trap68 said:
Robb,

I'll take them if they haven't been sold yet.

Cheers!

Rick

I think they're spoken for, but thanks! Probably sold them for a bit of a discount, but worth it for my buds on the site who have paid me back more than I could imagine!! Robb

p51

dbeal said:
From the factory they were dual post similar to the 69. I say similar in that they were form fitted almost like the dash pad. They were not upholstered. My car is supposed to have those too. Unfortunately the ones in the car were too badly rusted, and deteriorated to save..I have been looking for replacments, but they have been way out of my price range..over 500 bucks for a very good replacement pair. I may go the 69 bucket seat route...
That's what I did... put in '69 seatbacks w/headrests. They seem to be much easier to find and cheaper than the '68 headrests (the type that come out of the top of the seat, not the bolt-on-the-back 68 headrests which I am not partial to). The 69 seat backs are exactly the same as the 68 and the headrests are close (single post in 69 vs dual post in 68). Not Concurs correct but very few people know the difference... except around here :wink:

BroadwayBlue