• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang Specials Site 1964-1973

68sunlitgold

I came across this site some time back and I thought it may interest others. It covers limited edition mustangs that where produced between 64-73, there are some very interesting mustangs. It has the GT/CS and HCS but it also has '68 models like: Cardinal Special, Sunshine Special, Color of the Month Special, and Rainbow of Color Special. Most of these specials however are different from the GT/CS in that they where something that the dealer offered or produced. Still a very interesting site.
Here is the link:
http://pages.prodigy.net/d.hughmanick/specials.html

Doug

rjw

Great site, Doug! There were several I had never heard of.

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

My favorite (not counting of course the CS) was the 67 Stallion. I am sure it took some parts form the 67 Shelby. It had special paint, Stallion emblems, rear Cougar taillights, a very unique vinyl side treatment.

Doug

Attachments

• 67stallion.jpg
    67stallion.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 14

Calspecialdreamer

Man Doug, I just saw that site a couple days ago! Mustang Monthly also had a picture of a stallion in it a few years back. I will look through my back issues and try to post. I believe it was in Canada and was just sitting on the street in front of a store! Definitely a different looking car.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, that's a good site with some pretty scarce ponys. I think I mentioned to the webmaster that the photo he "borrowed" of my '68 HCS shouldn't have the '66 HCS badge on it, but it's a minor point. :)

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Jon,
I did not even look close enough to realize that it was your car. He also took the picture of Peter and Yvonne Lindstrom CS and Harold Suain 67 HCS for the site. I wonder if he should reference this site for using the pictures. Also good catch on the 66 HCS shield on your 68.
Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I noticed those other photos as well. I don't need a reference back to the site, because those photos don't belong to the site, but to the people who took them. But I do think those owners should get credit.

I don't know. Maybe he did email them and ask permission. ???