• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Phil Long Ford dealer badge for an HCS

6cylHCS

Ok you guys I've got a challenge for all you who live in the colorado area or knows of some one who does. You know those dealer badges that we all either take off or ask not to have put on our new cars. Well I'm looking for one. I have a 68' HCS that I hope to have repainted and striped next year. I thought it would be real cool to have the correct dealer badge to put back on it. The MartiAuto Works says it was sold by Phil Long Ford Inc. in Colorado Springs Co. I know its a long shot but if anyone has one or is going to a junkyard and would happen to think to look for one I would be thrilled to have one. I know some may think it's a stupid request, but Im just that way. It's the little things that get me juiced up. Like the "PAINT OK" still on my firewall. That practicly sold the car when I first saw it.
Any way thanks in advance for any help you offer, You guys are great. Rand

68MustangHCS

[quote author=6cylHCS link=board=1;threadid=2216;start=0#msg15122 date=1128723163]
Ok you guys I've got a challenge for all you who live in the colorado area or knows of some one who does. You know those dealer badges that we all either take off or ask not to have put on our new cars. Well I'm looking for one. I have a 68' HCS that I hope to have repainted and striped next year. I thought it would be real cool to have the correct dealer badge to put back on it. The MartiAuto Works says it was sold by Phil Long Ford Inc. in Colorado Springs Co. I know its a long shot.

[/quote]

Randy here is your shot.... On the right column of this page you will find your phil long badge.

http://www.mustang.is/stefan_hcs/stefan_hcs.htm

P

PNewitt

I know that you like this item (and don't let my opinion stop you from doing this), but I find those metal plates put on the trunk, etc., kinda tacky.

It seems that this was not very common in Calif., but was used in the midwest. ALL the CS-type cars that had them were HCS cars.

I believe in doing what makes you happy--and there is a sort of "historical rememberance" to doing this, but personally, I think it distracts from the looks of the car. When I see those things, I think of how the dealer was kind of arrogant to place that on a car that people buy, as if to make it rolling advertising at the owner's expense. They do it today with plastic lic plate frames riveted to your plate, making it difficult to remove!

Do what makes you happy.

Paul N.