• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1st Annual Costco Show and Shine in Victoria

GT/CS S Code

Yesterday we attended the 1st Annual Costco Show and Shine event out in Langford. It was a fund raiser for Children's Hospital and they raised about $6,000.00 + for charity from car registrations, public, and participant donations. There were 240 + cars on display including our GT/CS and about 30 other Mustangs of various years and models. Here is a Photobucket link if you want to look at a few photos that I shot there:
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd466/Reverend_Al/
Needless to say a good time was had by all and there were some great cars to look at!
:cool:

Attachments

• Costco Show and Shine May 23rd 2011 003.jpg
    Costco Show and Shine May 23rd 2011 003.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 32
  • Costco Show and Shine May 23rd 2011 004.jpg
    Costco Show and Shine May 23rd 2011 004.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 33

TraveledGTCS

Are you going to the show up in Parksville this coming Sunday? If so I shall see you there, and I will be bringing Paul's Book so you can have a look at it.

Bill

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Parksville ...

Hi Bill,
Yes, we are going to make it up for the Joe Cunningham Ford Show and Shine after all. We're going to meet some of the other members of the local Victoria Mustang club at the pull-off at Goldstream Park about 6:00 am and drive up to Parksville in convoy. With any luck maybe we'll be able to get parked together. Do you know if there is anyone else coming up for this event with their GT/CS? It would be great to have several cars parked together ...
See you up there,
Al & Laurie

TraveledGTCS

I will be joining a group who are leading the way. I don't know of any other 68 Specials are in the group, but there may be a late model GT/CS. We are catching the 10am ferry out of Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay on Saturday; and about 12:30 we stop at the Malahat Mountain Inn for lunch.

Glad you can make it, and will see you in Parksville.

Bill

Northern Pony

Bill and Al;
You guys going to the same show? one leaving Victoria at 6:00 am, the other just catching ferry at 10:00 am out of Tawwassen, Al will be all set up, shined up and Bill just arriving?
Bill, take your book from Cory, for Al to sign.
BoB

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Yep, same show ... but Bill is coming over on Saturday and heading up one day early, while the rest of us are driving up early on Sunday morning (the day of the show). So in fact Bill will be all set up and shined up long before we arrive!
:wink:

Northern Pony

Guilty;
For reading Bill's post too quickly and not noticing the show is on SUNDAY.
BoB