• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NOS rear decal kit on Ebay

Mosesatm

Is there any reason to purchase this NOS stripe instead of a new aftermarket stripe, assuming the prices are the same? Can anyone tell the difference between the two?

$8.00 for shipping and handling? The thing weighs 5 ounces!!!

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

but it's NOS.

that's about the only reason I can see to buy this item. Personally even though I am a big NOS kind of guy I would buy a new one so I know the adhesive would stick.

If you did have this on your car and told me it was NOS it would get some "coolness" points in my book.

nfrntau

I've got an NOS stripe kit to put on my car when it's done.
Frankly I have wondered the same thing. Does the adhesive wear out after a bunch of years? I just figured if the NOS stripes come off, I will install aftermarket stripes in their place.
Did I score some coolness points? I need to get em where I can find em. lol

Mosesatm

It seems to me that the only way the adhesive could lose it's stickedness is if the backing has pulled away. As long as the backing is in place and air hasn't reached the adhesive it should be fine.

Has anyone ever applied the stripes before spraying the clear coat? That would sure help keep wax from building up on the edges but would it look funny? Would the clear coat stick to the stripes or would it peel off over time?