• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 HCS 4-speed

68 GTCS

Selling my 1968 HCS project car to help cover medical expenses. Originally a 289 4 speed car, original motor is gone but I have a 302 motor included, 4 speed in car. Needs repair to rear quarters, interior work, and front end work. It is missing side scoops, 289 motor, hood locks, lucas lights, grill, and radiator. I'm including mis. sheet metal, front fenders, hood, and new bumper. This is a project car. Sorry no pictures at this time, but you can see it on page 154 in the California Special Way of Life book, (Large book). I'm working on downloading pictures to a vintage computer. However, I can send pictures to e-mail address. Bob Teets has seen this car and might be able to give you his opinion and description of this car. Very few 4 speed cars available for sale, I hate to see it go.
Price 8,500 OBO.
970-405-9486
Thanks,

Kevin

OP
OP

68 GTCS

Cory's Book

I just listed this 68 HCS on E-Bay, we will see what happens. Cory, I mentioned your book in the add and put in the link to the Blurb websight. I hope you don't mind. Maybe you will get a few more hits on your book. :grin:

We shall see if this car sells on E-Bay, If not it will be loaded into a cargo contained and left for a future project. I did receive a couple of offers but found them too low for what this car is.

My question is, do we really know the true value of these cars? NADA shows this car valued just below a California Special. But with fewer than 251 still in existance they have no way of getting a true resale value. (IMO). I beleive there are around 100+ cars, HCS, listed in the registery. With a number of about 25 total 4 speed cars (guess), fewer than that probably exist.

Any thoughts on this,????????????? this would help me greatly.

Thanks,
K. Hedstrom

hookedtrout

Use the book in any fashion that helps you guys out. You can copy pictures out of it do what ever you want as far as I'm concerned. You won't ever get any grief from me, it's all of our book, I just pulled it together.

Good luck on the sale.

Mosesatm

I just listed this 68 HCS on E-Bay, we will see what happens. Cory, I mentioned your book in the add and put in the link to the Blurb websight. I hope you don't mind. Maybe you will get a few more hits on your book. :grin:

We shall see if this car sells on E-Bay, If not it will be loaded into a cargo contained and left for a future project. I did receive a couple of offers but found them too low for what this car is.

My question is, do we really know the true value of these cars? NADA shows this car valued just below a California Special. But with fewer than 251 still in existance they have no way of getting a true resale value. (IMO). I beleive there are around 100+ cars, HCS, listed in the registery. With a number of about 25 total 4 speed cars (guess), fewer than that probably exist.

Any thoughts on this,????????????? this would help me greatly.

Thanks,
K. Hedstrom

I would pay more for a High Country Special due to its rarity.