• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS J-code 4-speed (Project)

classicsguy

One of the rarest GT/CS that you will see for sale! This is a true 1968 GT/CS California Special that came from Ford with the J-code 302-4v engine and the desirable 4 speed manual transmission. Only 962 California Specials came with the J-code engine and only 218 were TRUE 4-speed cars.
I purchased this car after a 4 year search and it needed a total restoration but after confirming that the car was a true J-code with the 4 speed I boughtthe car to get it back to original condition. I transported the car to Classic Creations of Central Florida to handle the extensive sheet metal replacement. Knowing that they are a Mustang specialized shop with excellent workmanship I knew I could not go wrong. The car had the following work professionally done:
New Radiator support
New inner fender aprons
Cowl completely re-done
Frame rails that needed fix or replacement are done.
Complete floors
New full quarters
New rear frame rails
New trunk floors

This Mustang needs: A new hood,left fender and 2 new door shells and its ready for body work and paint. This GT/CS is now rust free with all the hard and costly work done. If you know the value of a professional restoration done by a quality shop you know that it is not cheap by any means.

The car was purchased without the engine but I bought a correct and running 302-4v engine that came from a 1968 J-code Mustang from a member of this forum. It is complete including the carburetor and intake manifold.The original transmission came with the car and in need of rebuild.

The interior is complete but needs a complete restoration. All the glass is there. The side scoops,rear tail light panel and trunk lid are all original to the car. The front bumper is missing but rear bumper comes with the car. Grill is missing too.

The car is now in gray primer to prevent the new sheet metal from corrosion.

This is a very desirable and easy project to finish. Its factory color is Lime Gold with Ivy Gold interior. No p/s or pdb .

I also have the correct Lucas fog lights with pedestals in Excellent condition.

Believe me: J-code GT/CS are hardly seen for sale specially if they come with the 4 speed manual transmission. How many of the 218 made you think are left?

if you have any question you can contact me at: classicguy@prtc.net or send me a PM through this forum and will be happy to answer any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpg
    IMG_0402.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0387[1].jpg
    IMG_0387[1].jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0388[1].jpg
    IMG_0388[1].jpg
    35 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 95
  • view.pdf
    118 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Note: If there is anybody interested in this California Special let me know ASAP since I have to take it out of the Restoration shop and transport it to Puerto Rico where I live.

DEADLINE IS: DECEMBER 25,2009

Last edited: