• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

If anyone is looking for a NOS gas cap these guys have a few

68gt390

Would be nice to see a Ford part # on those. I don't recall ever seeing a pop-open cap that was made by Ford that looked like that. Of course as with anything that Ford made who knows.

Don ;)

Mosesatm

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=2113;start=0#msg14256 date=1126151944]
Would be nice to see a Ford part # on those. I don't recall ever seeing a pop-open cap that was made by Ford that looked like that. Of course as with anything that Ford made who knows.

Don ;)
[/quote]

Don, what is it about the cap you are uncomfortable with?

C160223

The cap is a NEW service replacement , not NOS. It was issued in the '80's. I think the part number is E3ZZ ? It uses a cap behind the pop open cover. Ford re-styled it due to the pop open cover popping open when driving, leaving the filler tube open...

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

I have one just like it here on my desk and the part number on the cap is c7za-9a112-b. 100% Ford part. To get one just like the original with the cap attached to the flip open part you would pay AT LEAST double what they are selling these for IF you could find one. Personally I like the "newer" ones cause no gas fumes escape from the cap.

C160223

yes. They were cast from the original molds, so they do have the C7 part number. The only difference is they omitted the inner spring loaded cap and replaced it with a twist on cap. The part number on the box is E3ZZ from when they were re-issued. Still, it's a very nice cap and a good price

xcodegtcs

[Here is an NOS cap

Attachments

• DSC00455.JPG
    DSC00455.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

xcode

I agree those are the true old school NOS ones. I have had the original ones on my car and even replaced the gasket but they seem to always have gas fumes coming from them. The newer NOS ones don't have gas fumes leaking from them.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

On a local show level they would never get that picky IMO. National level, maybe someone else can chime in.

Arlie: you gonna do national shows?

hcsstang

Of the two MCA shows that Iv'e been to the judges never opened the gas cap. In fact at the Grand National I had to put tape over the gas snout. That was due to fire regulations.
The AACA is the same way .

Mosesatm

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2113;start=0#msg14321 date=1126354145]
On a local show level they would never get that picky IMO. National level, maybe someone else can chime in.

Arlie: you gonna do national shows?
[/quote]

Nope