• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Are Asking Prices Going Up for GT/CS ?

BroadwayBlue

I haven't seen this color combo before white w/ black stripes. Wrong grill asking $17,900

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/10/0/7/80271607.htm

Volo Auto Museum has this one for $26,998

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/addetaildriver.html?80294221

Here's one for $19,500

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/5/1/80290851.htm

No pic on this for over $22,000

1968 FORD MUSTANG GT CALIFORNIA SPECIAL, ALL ORIGINAL CAR, ONLY 63, 008 ACTUAL MILES, GULFSTREAM AQUA W/BEIGE INTERIOR, 289 V8, AUTO, POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS CAR, $22, 850, CALL BOYD AT 605-201-2220. -LK(605) 360-5724

CalPaul

From an owner standpoint its always nice to see something you own go up in value, but are prices going up? Hard to say as I think we rarely see the actual purchase price, or enough purchase prices to get a sense of the direction. Mine for example was bought from a private seller and PP not made public.

Mosesatm

The car I bought was advertised for $17,900 or $18,900 can't remember which and I bought it for $10,000 so I can testify that the asking price does not always have any relation to the selling price.

Another point I think we need to consider is wheter the asking prices are rising because the quality of the cars on the market is higher.

CalPaul

Thats a good point about the quality of the cars on the market. I'm not seeing too many junkers - most of the cars look to have had some form of attention in the recent past.

Mustanger

[quote author=CalPaul link=board=3;threadid=1953;start=0#msg12980 date=1122671346]
Thats a good point about the quality of the cars on the market. I'm not seeing too many junkers - most of the cars look to have had some form of attention in the recent past.
[/quote]

Here's a junker:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...nding|Y-_1968_|X-antique|Z-91709&aff=recycler

(Sorry for the long url, sometimes I've had a little trouble with tinyurl)

Here's one that's a little nicer:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...nding|Y-_1968_|X-antique|Z-91709&aff=recycler

(Just copy and paste the url in the address bar on the top of your screen ;).)

Mosesatm

Not only are the prices of the cars going up but the Recognition Guide is also getting a little expensive. The last one to sell on ebay went for $180.

Perkchiro

Just another viewpoint on this subject. I watched a car show this morning with a very nice 69 camaro restomod. Nothing extravagant but a rebuilt custom suspension and big block rebuild. The host of the show said the selling price for this car would be at a minimum of $125,000. Yes, you heard that right. So why are so many surprised that our CS's are shooting upward in price?

Mr. Shelby Guy

I sold my GT/CS for $20,000. Even though it was an original C code, it had the 289 HiPo in it and it was a pretty early car from what I could tell. It was completely ground-up restored with a Candy Apple Red paint that was absolutely gorgeous. I have also seen some sell in in Oklahoma for about $16,000 for ones that needed some paint and some bodywork that were C codes. Hopefully this gives you an idea of prices.

CalPaul

Does anyone have a sense if it hurts the selling price of a GTCS if it has restomod stuff? I mean enhancements like 4 wheel disc, improves suspension, and I guess engine modifications.

Mosesatm

I would be willing to pay more for those upgrades but others might say the changes hurt value. Value is in the eye of the buyer and different buyers want different things. I think there are a lot of buyers who are more interested in a pleasant driving experience than 100% authenticity so the changes lower the value to some potential buyers but increase the value to others.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Didn't mean to start controversy over this.
Was just curious to get some thoughts. Glad to get some discussion around the topic though.

I agree with Arlie on the restomods.
Anything I do to my car to make it a better driving experience I will try to do so that it can easily be brough back to authentic in case I or a future buyer wants to go that route. I'm saving any old parts that I can too.

meadowsdk28

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=3;threadid=1953;start=0#msg13005 date=1122776365]
I'm saving any old parts that I can too.

[/quote]

That's the key to me. Do what you want as long as it's reversible. If you are selling it and not seeming to get your price, take it back original and try again.