• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

[img] code

Jayscal

How do I turn on the

68CaliSp

Open your user CP, then open the Edit Options link. The third block down, "Thread Display Options" will have a box that you can check to turn the

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I think Jay is asking how he can put an image in his signature, which you can't. Sorry.

obwan93001

I think Jay is asking how he can put an image in his signature, which you can't. Sorry.

Jon, sorry to resurrect an old Help thread but it was just before I joined and you didn't say why we can't post a pic in our sigs, just curious why. Is it a storage thing or just too many "data depositories" to manage or a bandwidth limitation? I have a link in my sig to a pic in my gallery in case someone wants a quick look at my CS but a picture there would be cool.

Thanks!

Oscar

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, part of it is a bandwidth issue. The same image shown on every single post can bog things down.

But the other part is I think image signatures really clutter up forums horribly. People create these huge images, often flashing or animated, and they distract from content of the thread, which really should be the focus.

I think the new Garage feature helps with the quick pic of your car. You just click it once to see the thumbnail, but stay on the thread page. But you have the option of clicking again to get more detail on the car.

obwan93001

Thanks for the reply Jon! Totally understand. I'd forgotten that some users would tend to post big pics and see it on the VMF alot, if they could be limited in resolution that would be nice but the bandwidth involved would still be too much. I also agree about them cluttering up things, my eyes tend to wander easily so understand that very well. It's bad enough w/some sites overdoing things w/all the Flash animated ads, sheesh, not to mention how long it takes for some of those Flash and other animated code laden pages to load.

Thanks as always for keeping things focused here and for all you do Jon!

Oscar