• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone paint on their GTCS Stripe??

GTCSTexan

Hey, I'm getting ready to paint my GTCS and I really like the idea of having the stripe painted on. Just seems it would last longer and would be a lot easier to wax.

Just curious if anyone has done this. Any thought either way?

Also I will need to buy a stripe kit, any recomendations?

Thanks!!

Kris

hicountrybob

stripe kits

Go with Steve Goehring for a FRESH stripe kit at about $85.00 shipped. He's 'da man. Best is evenings at 1-559-875-8898 in Sanger, Ca. Allow for time difference. hicountry bob here.

CS68

my car has it painted, and I don't think it was a good idea, but maybe because whoever painted did not used good tape.

SNUTT

My strip is painted on because I wanted a viper red color. The car is black so at first the strip was painted white and then the red was applied with a clear coat on top. A strip kit was used to get the correct GT/CS lettering. With the clear coat applied the polish/wax will not collect at the edges. Hope this help.

Randy

PFSlim

I used Steve (as mentioned by hicountrybob) and it was excellent service and an excellent product. Steve is a guy who knows these cars.

I have got several recommendations for installing the stripe kit to keep from messing up the stripe. There have been several posts about this so look on the site. Let me know if I need to repost.

Paul

PFSlim

Look under the Restoration Reference section of the forum. I have already posted stripe installation there. Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
GTCSTexan

GTCSTexan

Thanks everyone. I'll give Steve a call tonight and place my order. Hopefully, its going to the paint shop next Friday, I'll talk to the painter and see what he thinks about spraying it on. I want it to be EXACTLY the same as the sticker.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Mosesatm

The stripes are supposed to wrap around the associated panel edges so if you want the painted stripes exactly like the tape stripes make sure the painter continues them around the door.

And don't forget how complicated the end cap stripes are, and they also need to wrap around the panels, as does the deck lid stripe.