• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS in new Ford Dealer Calendar

P

PNewitt

Don't walk, but RUN to your local Ford Dealer for a new 2005 "History of the Mustang" Calendar.

It's 15" wide, and has a light blue '05 on the front. For March is the 1968 Year. In the collage of photos is a red GT/CS with black stripes and black vinyl top. It's got a Calif. "Historical Vehicle" license plate on it. I know that this car is in the registry...

This is a nice calendar. Worth a trip to the Ford Dealer to get one...or check at the Service Dept.

They are going fast--so go out and get one today!

Paul.

68gt390

I have been all over the place looking for this calendar. None of the local Ford dealers knows anthing about it. Looks like another good planning strategy by Ford. Think I'll try going directly to the horse's mouth and see what can be found out. You would think Ford would at least ensure their dealers were informed somehow.

Don ???

case12

My local FORD dealer did not have any, and did not know about it. I plan to try a few more within a reasonable radius. Casey

rjw

I also checked with two different dealers who were absolutely clueless about the calendar.
Richard

coloradoHCS

All, nothing in Denver yet. Phil Long Ford said they are on their way, but no telling when. They suggested that I go to www.fordcollection.com Fords internet store but nothing there either. Of course I already have 5 calendars on order that cover some of my favorite Mustangs!

68gt390

Well folks I'm lost. Contacted Ford directly in Michigan today and they told me they know nothing about them. Strange. I also went to one of our local dealers who just happens to be one of the biggest high performance mustang dealers in this area (SVT, Saleen, Roush) and they didn't have any idea what I was talking about. Could this be a mystery calendar to see what kind of interest they can drum up.

Has anyone else been able to get any info on this calendar?

Hey Paul; Could this be just a West Coast thing?

Don ???

case12

Checked with our biggest FORD dealer in the area (in the wealthy district). They said they ordered double of all the mustang promotion literature, but had not seen this. They were really nice to look on the computer and could not find it. Their guess is that is is a dealer or regional special calendar in CA. As a consolation prize they gave me a Product Information Book on the 2005 mustang that supposedly only the sales teams get. Pretty cool.

So, now we eagerly await the one-of-a-kind calendars from Jon!

Casey

our special

I checked with a couple of Ford dealers here in Eastern Canada, and they can't track down any information on a calendar from Ford. They suggested that it may have been an individual dealership which ordered calendars for themselves from someone other then Ford. They are still looking.

Dave

Russ

It's the same in Flagstaff, AZ. I talked to Babbitt Ford's parts manager, and he didn't know anything about this calendar. He did say that Babbitt's had ordered calendars, but they were not the "History of Mustang" calendars!!!! Oh, well.

Russ

our special

Thank you Jon, I'm going to print that page and bring it to the dealer. If they can't get the calendar, at least they will know that I wasn't making it up. That will give me some credibility for the next time.

Dave

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Gosh-- I'm SO SORRY for the wild goose chase I sent you on.

You see, I was at a local Ford dealer, and I knew someone that worked there, and she "snuck" me the calendar, and a Ford GT brochure (don't tell anyone).

I (mistakenly) thought it was available at the service dept., since it had a Ford Parts logo on it at the bottom.

It's probably one of those things where each dealer got like ten or less for their offices. <sigh>

Sorry...but at least someone found it on EBAY.

Paul N.

hcsstang

;D I was fortunate enough to get the calendar. My son ran across one. The person that he got it from said that only four calendars per dealership. Considering that I was lucky. ::) 8)
The weatherman is predicting 14 or more inches of snow with winds up to 35. Come on Philadelphia and Pittsburg. If it comes to that I don't know who to pull for.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Only four per dealer? I didn't know that. Gosh--I sent everyone on a wild goose chase. Sorry.

If anyone can get one--they are pretty neat.

Next time I get a Ford freebie, I'll make sure you all can get it. it's like getting caught in class chewing gum, and none for "everyone else" ::)

Paul N.

mmarsalone

My wife picked got a copy of the calendar for me while I was out of town this week. She had to bring her Explorer back to the dealership, and the service manager gave her a ride back home. When she opened the garage to come inside, he saw my three Mustangs and they got to talking. Later when she was picking up the car, he offered her the calendar. He said he wanted me to come by and meet him. He also told her I could have another calendar if I wanted and that he would give me discounts on parts.