CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/16/2018, 06:16 PM   #1
hcsstang

eBay: hcsstang

MCA Museum

Mca is building a new museum in N.C. Is anybody going to it when it opens up next April? .

302 V4 HCS
hcsstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2018, 08:13 PM   #2
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Where/when?

Neil
franklinair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/16/2018, 08:33 PM   #3
Mosesatm

Here's this one but it isn't in NC.
http://www.mustangmuseumofamerica.com/hours.html

This getting older ain't for cowards. - John Mellencamp
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2018, 06:56 AM   #4
hcsstang

The museum will open April 17 to 20 located in Concord N. C. Just outside of Charlotte. The museum is under construction.

302 V4 HCS
Old 07/18/2018, 10:22 PM   #5
Edward Bodoh

X CODE

My Garage
Cross country to museum

A group of mustang owners will be starting a run around April 6 from Seattle to California bay area local Mustang shop for a show. From there others will join in on a continued run to so cal then veer Eastward on a cross country tour ending up in Concord North Carolina for the grand opening of the museum. From what I understand we will be stopping along the way and meet up with other mustang clubs daily...from state to state. Rumor is past runs have gathered hundreds of mustangs at one time. I have signed up for the museum opening and the events the speedway will host for the week. I have a few websites saved for above mentioned if anyone is interested in joining. Here is the museum website.
http://www.mustangownersmuseum.com/g...ang-event.html
Hotels and museum reservations are going fast.
Never gone on a cross country mustang run of this magnitude and I'm stoked. Imagine hundreds of pony cars arriving at one time for this....
Anyone interested email or PM me. Bummed that the X code will stay behind but my late model will be more fun for this one...and safer...and FASSSTER.
ED.
Edward Bodoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2018, 12:01 AM   #6
mbsf1970

Dream car: '68 GTCS Pres Blue

Yes, Ed. safer and faster but nowhere near as exciting to drive across country!!
I just discovered after 2700 miles that you can't really fall asleep behind the wheel of an old car....it simply demands too much driving attention!
Stephen
mbsf1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2018, 05:51 PM   #7
Edward Bodoh

X CODE

My Garage
Your the long distance pro in here Steve...any trips planned now that Doug got Neil's special treatment package?

Ed.
Edward Bodoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2018, 09:56 PM   #8
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Nope, can't fall asleep driving a 50 year old car. I haven't had mine on a road trip in many years but we had a great time in Lincoln. I even went through Grand Island, Ne. where I used to live and work...stopped for fuel at Bosselman's Truck stop. It doesn't look even remotely the same but I used to work in the restaurant there. I asked my girl how she felt being there again. Yup, was driving my Mustang then with a jacked up rear end, mis matched Cragers, aluminum mud flaps, glass packs, padlocks where the hood pins were suppose to be, and a wood steering wheel. That must have been around 1974-75. Good times!

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2018, 11:24 AM   #9
hcsstang

Trying to get a motel but I priced a couple but they are running about 9 hundred for three days.

302 V4 HCS
Old 07/25/2018, 11:52 AM   #10
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Holy cow Tom!!! I guess I can't come out to play.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2018, 01:55 PM   #11
mbsf1970

Dream car: '68 GTCS Pres Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Bodoh View Post
Your the long distance pro in here Steve...any trips planned now that Doug got Neil's special treatment package?

Ed.

Ed,
Nothing in near future....I have some major "honey do" jobs around the house that need doing while summer is here. Doug is now in the "ice cream" run stage of summer.....

Wouldn't be opposed to a trip but summer goes by fast!!
mbsf1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions