• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

May see ya at Ford super Swap in Columbus OH with CS for sale

mnut

Just in case any of you go to the Ford Super Swap this weekend in Columbus Ohio,you may see a "nut" wearing a piece of cardboard hanging off his back reading" 68 Calif Special for sale"...yep,that would be me.What the heck,might as well take a chance at seeing if someone might be interested in my "J" code CS there without having it on site.It worked a few times for some people I know at different swap meets.After this Columbus meet if no one is interested,we have a large local meet next month I'll drive it to for the car corral.
Don't be afraid to tap me on the shoulder and say..."hey"..I'd be glad to meet a fellow Ford person. I won't even be offended if you're laughing at my sign..or me!. Good thing the wife won't be with me,she said I'd embarrass her. Sheeesh...no sense of Ford/car guy humor!

Bob in Ohio

ahainline

My Dad and I are planning on going. Been looking for a radiator and a steering wheel so hopefully I will find both there. If I see ya I will be sure to say hi.

OP
OP
M

mnut

more info on the swap meet and my CS for sale

I look forward to saying Hi to you Tony on Saturday.
Just in case some of you don't know,the Columbus Ohio Ford only swap meet is this Saturday and Sunday. If you've never been there,let me say that it is loaded with Ford,Lincoln,and Mercury parts.Nice NOS shows up ther a lot of times.It is in 3 heated buildings and the car corral is outside but under cover.This is a large Ford only meet.
Since I've had some inquiries about my CS for sale already,I thought I'd give some quick details here.It's a "J" code auto trans. with original,correct CS unique parts,even the VIN stamped engine.New wimbledon white paint,new,correct dark red,"comfortweave" seat skins.Highly optioned. No underbody work done as it didn't come this way til 2003 so it didn't suffer the wrath of winter salt!If it doesn't sell by these means or the next local swap meet I can take it to, I'll tell you that I'm going to have a "buy it now" at the auction site for $16,500. Anyone interested please private message me and we'll hook up by e-mail. I have lots more detail I can give and lots of pictures. Options are tilt-away steering, power disc brakes, power steering, deluxe seat belts, a/c (compressor & hoses not in car but complete and go with it,needs condenser), center console in great shape,remote left mirror...thanks!

Bob in Ohio

Mark Puls

Hope to see both of you there I have an order of metal from CJ Pony parts for my CS restoration. What are you asking for your car? My father in law will be with me and has been hot to get a mustang

Mark Puls

Sorry is see $16,500 ......seems very reasonable. There was a Maroon one for sale at the winter show for $19,500, I think.

Mark

Diesel Donna

Bob...oh heck the sandwich board sign isn't so bad...I've seen guys just write on a white tee shirt with a sharpie pen!

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
M

mnut

Thanks Donna. My wife says hang a picture of the car too on my back and...oh yeah..while I'm at it...print on my forehead "GT/CS 4 Sale" so I don't miss the opportunity of people coming at me.This is going to be a fun day! Let the comments begin!...HA!

HappyHour

You may want to include a Marti report as well there Bob! :grin:

Bob your CS is very nicely restored, optioned, and source of my drooling before I found mine.

Thats a sick deal....wish I had Tim's garage so I could get one for each day of the week. (sorry Tim :tongue: )

Robert

Bob...oh heck the sandwich board sign isn't so bad...I've seen guys just write on a white tee shirt with a sharpie pen!

~~~~Donna

BroadwayBlue

Thanks Donna. My wife says hang a picture of the car too on my back and...oh yeah..while I'm at it...print on my forehead "GT/CS 4 Sale" so I don't miss the opportunity of people coming at me.This is going to be a fun day! Let the comments begin!...HA!

Now this we need pictures of! :eek: :grin:

OP
OP
M

mnut

My CS has been sold!

Thanks to all who answered questions for me in my CS resoration on this site.
couldn't have done it without the help.Nice group of very informed people here.And thank you to the people who inquired about my car in the last few weeks.Time to move on now for me.
The car has been sold to a very avid collector who wants nothing but the best for the car.Another CS will now be well restored to perfection as this man is really particular.I'm glad that a "flipper" didn't buy my car and a "real" Mustang collector has it in his capable hands.What a nice,knowlegable,real gentleman owns it now.Thank you all so much again,for all the help.This is just agreat site.As they say in these here parts..."ya'all got it goin' on"...I'll stop back now and then to see what's up...CYA!

Bob in Ohio
P.S....I don't wanna wear a sign on my back again.My neck still stings from the string pulling down against it...LOL!!!!

HappyHour

Im in mourning...man that was a sweet CS. Glad it worked out forya Bob and you did one helluva job! Hope mine looks like your someday (with the black striping of course!)

Attachments

• Dscf0202.jpg
    Dscf0202.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 22