• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 Shelby Clone for sale again

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Yep, found the thread, same car. The remarks from prospective buyers is fun reading. The car was relisted and sold for 23K. Now it is in Mississippi. Sheesh..I know the very intersection/neighborhood this car came from in Riverside area.
On a side note, I was cruising around and found a 67 Shelby sitting in someone's yard, along with a Mach and newer Stang. It was white or primered, had Marchals,needed some work but good car. I wonder what was IN the building they were parked next to if these ones were parked outside!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4602431155

luisa2552

The lettering on the black plates doesn't look right. The letters and numbers are too far apart. I don't think they're real.

luisa2552

Yup, just checked Donna's reference post to the previous listing. Those pictures show the real plates. I wanted to have repro plates done for my car 'cause I have the original plate number, but CA DMV said they weren't allowed?

mmarsalone

Diesel Donna said:
On a side note, I was cruising around and found a 67 Shelby sitting in someone's yard, along with a Mach and newer Stang. It was white or primered, had Marchals,needed some work but good car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4602431155

Donna,

That sounds like a 68' Shelby. The 67' Shelby had large round foglights in the center of the grille. Unless it was a California car, in which case they would have been positioned outboard towards the headlights. They center position was illegal in California.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

You very well could be right Mike, I may have to go back and look again...and see what the story is on the car.