• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Fab Fords Forever 2012

tworings

Is anyone planning on going to Fabulous Fords Forever on April 22 at Knott's other than Tworings & Donna? We're planning on doing the usual meet up at the Starbucks on Beach Blvd....

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Normally I'd be there, but unfortunately this year I had to pick between the Concord show in June and Fab Fords.... and Concord won out. Say hi to Donna and Joe for me!

Fab Fords is one of the best shows around. Anyone who can go definitely should.

Mustanger

I'm going to try to visit everyone there a little later in the day, my Cal Special is getting ready for some body work and paint so it won't be there ... maybe next time, on the 45th anniversary, 2013 :thumb: ...

limelyt

we are planning to attend, we will not have our car there but we will drop by with our book and see if there is any of you that want to sign it.

We arel leaving the kids Disneyland and head over to see the show around noon.

Gary (LIMELYT)

OP
OP
T

tworings

I think this was the smallest group of meet ups at Starbucks this year - just Tworings & Donna. There were other Specials at the show, but we were not parked together. Donna & I could not resist buying pink Mustang jackets at the show :grin: We had a wonderful lunch with Joe & his daughters at Knott's famous chicken dinner restaurant. Shane was also there, and Ruben stopped by later with his sons. Jon - we missed you!

We were discussing that it would be great to get a group together for the 45th anniversary next year (seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the 40th!).

Lisa

Attachments

• Starbucks.jpg
    Starbucks.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Lisa & Donna pink.jpg
    Lisa & Donna pink.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 72
  • The gang.jpg
    The gang.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Buttercup.jpg
    Buttercup.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 71

joedls

Lunch was fun. It was good to see you and Donna. Hopefully my 68 can be ready for the 45th anniversary.

Midnight Special

I think this was the smallest group of meet ups at Starbucks this year - just Tworings & Donna. There were other Specials at the show, but we were not parked together. Donna & I could not resist buying pink Mustang jackets at the show :grin: We had a wonderful lunch with Joe & his daughters at Knott's famous chicken dinner restaurant. Shane was also there, and Ruben stopped by later with his sons. Jon - we missed you!

We were discussing that it would be great to get a group together for the 45th anniversary next year (seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the 40th!).

Lisa

...Very nice indeed! Hey Joe, as much as I like your shirt, them gals definitely outclassed ya!!

'Great photos of your great time!! :)

joedls

I was just telling them at lunch that I have to talk you into printing me some more shirts. Good to see that your eyesight hasn't gone at your age.

Diesel Donna

I was just telling them at lunch that I have to talk you into printing me some more shirts. Good to see that your eyesight hasn't gone at your age.

Ouch! Hahahaaa!

Thanks for lunch Joe! It was really great to see so many faces again.

OP
OP
T

tworings

Lisa,
What is the vin number of your car? It must be a very early car.

Rob

Hi Rob, yes indeed, Buttercup is a very early car!

VIN 8R01C142541
Body Code 65A - Standard Bucket Seats
Paint Color W - Meadowlark Yellow
Interior Trim 2A - Black
Date Code - Day 15
Date Code - Month B - Feb 1968
DSO 71 - L.A.
Gear Ratio 2 - 2.79
Transmission W - C4 automatic

robert campbell

Lisa,
What a beautiful car!! Love the Shelby wheels. One of the earliest of the GT/CS cars with the recessed reflectors.

Rob

Midnight Special

...Interesting. My oldest is: C143583, built & released 2/20 with the later reflectors. I'm now curious on what day Lisa's was actually built...

I'm also amazed upon review of my Marti reports of how long some of these sat around before selling! This one was 10/10/68. The Highland Green GT S-code was 12/20. On one hand, the Shelby influence made the car! On the other hand> it seems to have hurt the CS popularity in the short run as a mere "look alike"... However, nowadays that's a plus!
I wouldn't be bombing around daily in a KR as I do today in a CS with so many people thinking they are the same.
Our corrective (and friendly) explanation often leads to folks becoming more enthused about the GT/CS over the Shelby!
Funny how that is! ;-)