• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS registry window sticker

OP
OP
R

retroman99

Very well done. Love the spirit behind the effort.

If I may share the following thoughts with you.

In an effort to reduce to "busy-ness" of the sticker (the eye is all over the place taking it all in) I would respectfully suggest the following:

2 seperate stickers

First one: Gt/cs sticker

1) Shrink palm tree to not interfere with 1968 1/2 Ford Mustang banner

2) Remove the "1968-2018" notation and then center the 50th Anniversary (for better emphasis on it)

3) 1 of 3867 at bottom of sticker

Second one HCS

1) place pine trees in place of palm tree

2) Replace California Special Script with the HCS crest

3) 1 of 251

Stephen
ok seems folks are leaning towards wanting a separate HCS sticker and a separate GT/CS sticker. I tried to take all the inputs into consideration look at this version for the HCS I need a nice picture of a HCS car that I can cut out and insert in place of the very nice looking blue GT/CS. I will play with the GT/CS one as well. 1 co-worker of mine looked at it and also thought it would make a good Tee shirt

Attachments

• gtcs sticker draft HCS 50TH .jpg
    gtcs sticker draft HCS 50TH .jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
R

retroman99

Very well done. Love the spirit behind the effort.

If I may share the following thoughts with you.

In an effort to reduce to "busy-ness" of the sticker (the eye is all over the place taking it all in) I would respectfully suggest the following:

2 seperate stickers

First one: Gt/cs sticker

1) Shrink palm tree to not interfere with 1968 1/2 Ford Mustang banner

2) Remove the "1968-2018" notation and then center the 50th Anniversary (for better emphasis on it)

3) 1 of 3867 at bottom of sticker

Second one HCS

1) place pine trees in place of palm tree

2) Replace California Special Script with the HCS crest

3) 1 of 251

Stephen
thank you I tried to take all inputs and see HCS only version will Update the GT/CS one as well

OP
OP
R

retroman99

What about '66 & '67 HCS models? They're not included?
HCS's were produced '66 thru '68. Maybe its not economically feasible to produce the fewer HCS decals that would be in lower demand?

Neil

Vista print on-line says no minimum not sure the quality but we can cross that bridge when we come to it. see my attempt to make a HCS only version I do need a nice picture of HCS to replace the GT/CS would be nice to get it from the passengers side looking forward with view of the HCS on the scoop.

Ruppstang

Here you go I'll look for a better one.
Marty

Attachments

• 2080-10-20 01.42.52_crop.jpg
    2080-10-20 01.42.52_crop.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 23
  • 2012 Fall Mustang Pictures 006_crop.jpg
    2012 Fall Mustang Pictures 006_crop.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

franklinair

Here's a photo of the old decal:

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 51

limelyt

I have the old hand drawn sketches of the Calspec that I did back in 2012 for those how wanted to produce shirt. I could do one up in a gold color to mark the 50th. if it helps

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_2749.JPG
    IMG_2749.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 22
  • GTCS%20red-white%20small.jpg
    GTCS%20red-white%20small.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 29
  • GTCS%20red%20design%20small.jpg
    GTCS%20red%20design%20small.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 25
  • GTCS%20design%20small.jpg
    GTCS%20design%20small.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 18

stangfan

I have the old hand drawn sketches of the Calspec that I did back in 2012 for those how wanted to produce shirt. I could do one up in a gold color to mark the 50th. if it helps

Gary

Love these! Is this image large enough for me to take to a t-shirt place and get a shirt done up? I'd use the red car with the white stripe. Thanks!

Mosesatm

What are your thoughts on eliminating, or changing, "California Made it Happen".

It may just be me (and probably is) but does that phrase seem a little arrogant to anyone? Plus it ties the emblem to the old designer.

stangfan

Steve, I used that same graphics file to get the shirts made up that Laurie and I wear to the local car shows and it worked just fine.

Thanks Al. I recognized the image as the one on your shirts. I just want to be sure that I have the right version, as the one shown is labeled "small". Wondering if I need the "large" version.

stangfan

What are your thoughts on eliminating, or changing, "California Made it Happen".

It may just be me (and probably is) but does that phrase seem a little arrogant to anyone? Plus it ties the emblem to the old designer.

The slogan doesn't bother me. It is Ford's tag line from back in the day, so it's appropriate in my opinion.

mbsf1970

Your version of the HCS is pretty BANG ON I think.
Simple, meaningful and true to the Rockies spirit! Well done.

If I were to nitpick, I would move the crest down to be on line with HCS and shift HCS letters over to the left a little in order to center them both. I would also then move car a touch to the right from its current position once crest was moved. And, even if you don't change a thing its look very good.

BigJim

Needs to be there...

Attachments

• 1968-mustang-gt-cs-california-special-sales-brochure-3.jpg
    1968-mustang-gt-cs-california-special-sales-brochure-3.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 21

clubpro

On the dealer brochure for the 68 HCS it simply said "The West Made it Happen" and those brochures are priceless if you can find one. I'm sure that Bob Teets has one and I'll bet that Marty Rupp has one. I've never seen one in person just a photo.

Cheers,

Ron

limelyt

ok so I had some time and don't want to step on any toes but this is what I came up with so far.

Attachments

• 50th window sticker.jpg
    50th window sticker.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 68