• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

California Special or 68 HCS

68sunlitgold

HCS Mustang,
I couldn't agree more.....anyone out there have a Sunlitgold HCS for sale?? ;)
Doug

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=HCS Mustang link=board=1;threadid=730;start=15#msg4121 date=1072836549]
My HCS is sort of an oddball I guess, being built in July of '68 it still came with the 289, not the 302 that replaced it.[/quote]

My sources show that you could still get the 289 through the end of the model year. The 302 was just added to the lineup of motors and has it's own code. I do know for a fact that the last few HCS's built, that are in the registry, were built with 289's and I-6's, not 302's. This shows that the 289 didn't cease being an option. So the 302 may have been the replacement motor for the 289, once production of that block ceased, but it was still available in '68 if the owner wanted to order it.

Scott W.

hcsstang

:-[Back in late spring or early summer a 68 HCS was up for sale in Ohio. I don't no if he sold it or not but it was in a divorce settlement. I emailed him a couple of times and wanted to no who purchased it but I didn't get a responce. :p It was a yellow one with black strips.

OP
OP
C

Calspecialdreamer

Hcsstang,

I called on that HCS you are refering to. He still had it. Wanted 10K firm. It got to 9K on Ebay I think. Anyway, it was yellow and I believe he had a 302. Swears it would drive anywhere and he will not take a penny less. He was divorced a while back evidently. Didn't mean he HAD to sell it. Oh yea

"HAPPY NEW YEAR"!