• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Birthday celebration of our car!

murf104

Today is the 46th birthday of our California Special! Makes me think back to that time and all of the changes that have taken place. I was living in California at that time, in a town called Oxnard. 24 years old, waiting to be sent to Viet Nam with my Seabee battalion, a one way trip for many of my friends. Not a happy time for sure. The California Specials were in the dealerships up and down the Pacific Coast and boy, did I ever want to have one. They were a little short of four thousand dollars out the door for a well equipped version ( and who did not want a car that was well equipped?) but as a newly married GI we were about five thousand dollars short of the 4K needed. If you were in the service at that time you know what I am talking about. Well, all of these years later there is a well equipped Cs in the garage, still married to the same girl, and her birthday is also today. We will celebrate my wife's birthday this evening and tomorrow. Dreams do come true!

cool68

Today is the 46th birthday of our California Special! Makes me think back to that time and all of the changes that have taken place. I was living in California at that time, in a town called Oxnard. 24 years old, waiting to be sent to Viet Nam with my Seabee battalion, a one way trip for many of my friends. Not a happy time for sure. The California Specials were in the dealerships up and down the Pacific Coast and boy, did I ever want to have one. They were a little short of four thousand dollars out the door for a well equipped version ( and who did not want a car that was well equipped?) but as a newly married GI we were about five thousand dollars short of the 4K needed. If you were in the service at that time you know what I am talking about. Well, all of these years later there is a well equipped Cs in the garage, still married to the same girl, and her birthday is also today. We will celebrate my wife's birthday this evening and tomorrow. Dreams do come true!
thanks i loved that story:smile:

clubpro

Murf,

Thanks for your service and for making it back safe. Enjoy the day with your special lady and your special Mustang.

Cheers,

Ron

sam

Very nice and congratulations on all counts. My California Special was maunufactured today 4/4/1968. !