• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saw this on ebay: "1968 MUSTANG CALIFORNIA SPECIAL VIN TAG ENGINE TAG"

68sunlitgold

C160223

What the seller is doing is illegal, and auction will probably get pulled... If the VIN is verified as a GT/CS, Paul should record this VIN 8R01C143551 in the registry and record it as destroyed.

Mustanglvr

Apparently her name is Lisa. She does`nt seem to normally deal with car parts and such. We should buy the tags or ask her to donate them to the site.

68MustangHCS

I've seen guys trying to sell tags and titles from scrap cars on eBay. I think that is pushing the illegal side. So if this guy sells those tags, and the title from a scrap heap, theroetically someone could take a nice pristine 6 cyl Mustang and make it a GT/CS car if he had all the right tags and paperwork.

Activity like this should be reported to safeharbor on eBay. They will remove anything that is not legal.

Mosesatm

68MustangHCS said:
I've seen guys trying to sell tags and titles from scrap cars on eBay. I think that is pushing the illegal side. So if this guy sells those tags, and the title from a scrap heap, theroetically someone could take a nice pristine 6 cyl Mustang and make it a GT/CS car if he had all the right tags and paperwork.

Activity like this should be reported to safeharbor on eBay. They will remove anything that is not legal.

You're right. I reported it and they pulled it......quickly.

68gt390

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Did you see what he wrote at the end of the listing:

"APPARENTLY THIS AUCTION HAS RUFFLED THE FEATHERS OF "CALIFORNIA SPECIAL" PURISTS AS THEY SAY SO IN THEIR BLOG. I IN NO WAY INTENDED TO OR MEANT THIS TO ANGER ANYONE OR CAST FEAR IN THEIR HEARTS THAT IN THEORY SOMEONE MIGHT MISUSE THESE ITEMS. "

Seems like we got to him but I think he should just pull the item.

Doug

Redwingrobb

Would we be able to have Paul permanently block it out in his registry as it going to the "CS junkyard in the sky"?? Robb

390cs68rcode

I am talking with the seller about possibly buying them to keep them off the market. I will let you guys know how it goes.

case12

I bid on them. I figure it is the cheapest California Special I will ever own, and it can RIP in my garage with my other one. The seller seems to have the right intentions. Casey

case12

BTW - I did the bid while Jason was writing his post - ie, our ships crossed in the night. Jason, if you work something out with the seller, then great. I have no attachment to winning the tags. Casey