• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for 4300 carb

murf104

I need a 4300 carb to rebuild for a 302 Automatic Transmission car with a scheduled build date of April 02. Looking for one with all of the parts intact and rebuildable. j.w.murphy@comcast.net or 217 625 7183, will return every call. I have a "motorcraft" on the car now that seems to be a replacement.

@Holmes

you want a C8ZF-D - this marking apears on the base diver side near the forward bolt hole. Been there don't get a used one - buy a rebuilt from Pony Carbs of NM. Check my gallery.

OP
OP
M

murf104

Yes, you made a wise move when you purchased the 4300 from Pony Carbs. I do not have the proper core at this time, and would like to find one to use as a core if someone has a spare. The core charge isnot terribly expensive, I think that they give $80.00 for a complete core at Pony. Just thought someone might want to get rid of an old one that was sitting unused and turn it into cash.

@Holmes

480 for carb and 120 for core it comes out to 600. Even if you send in a core they charge 10 here and 35 there for worn or missing parts and it will still be 5 to 6 in the end. Jon is direct and uses few words. So don't be offfended by his phone personality. Total class act. He will bend over backwards to help you install and trobelshoot. Give him your cam specs for proper jetting. For a mild performance build I recomend Edlbrock 2122, matching roller gear and Comp Cam 6.1 roller tip rail type rockers. With a 30 over bore this will produce a low 15 sec 1/4 mile car. (See thread on 302 1/4 results). Jon is currently building another 4300 for my GT/CS Wolf in Sheeps Clothing 347 stroker. You need to get you Distibutor ballanced to match your cam and the vac checked. My new carb resulted in 23 vac at 725 idel. Your auto is 8 I think and the increased vac will rupture a worn vac diapharm. Its a nightmare tying to find the leak. Sent you a PM with number.
L.

OP
OP
M

murf104

Still searching for a 4300 carb, Stamped C8ZF - D. The one on Craigs list in the post above is incorrect for 68 302. Check your boxes of leftover parts, you may have one.