• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dealer sold car, now no title

deerrr

In California a Mustang dealer/flipper sold me a car. Title to come within 10 days. Now it's over 30 days, and may Now be another 30 days (probate).
I want to keep the car 69 mach1, but what can I do to stop this.
Thank You All!

aemoo28

Report to Better Business Beauxxx (can't spell it.)

And let us know who this crooked dealer/flipper is so we never purchase from them and get caught up in a bad deal.

And I know a good attorney in Calif if you need one.

OP
OP
D

deerrr

Thank You!
I will have one more face to face before the ripping sound starts from his rearend ;`)
Wanted to know criminal or civil . . .
Will post info, and contact BBB.
Thought I knew the Guy.

RRR

Mosesatm

You can also threaten him with the Attorney General and/or your local police department.

OP
OP
D

deerrr

We are working it out. Our friendship is the only reason he released this Car. It's file a Lein Sale or I can sell it back to past owner . . .my choice.

CALIF GIRL

We are working it out. Our friendship is the only reason he released this Car. It's file a Lein Sale or I can sell it back to past owner . . .my choice.

Your first post said it was being held up for probate. If so I think that kinda excludes it from being sold back to the past owner since he would have to be deceased for the car to be in probate.

A lein sale is held when a person has an lein on the vehicle such as a storage facility, a tow agency etc..

This is not adding up properly.

OP
OP
D

deerrr

would beSold back to 1 of the 2 people in the will. I really Don't know that part of the story. Dealer has had the Car since 2010. Case has cleared probate is what I have been told, but guy 2 has not sighned off . . .
Flipper wants me to do the lein since I have had it 2 months now.
I really hate this!
I see a Guy recomended this flipper recently also. He Must take better care of the people
he does not know.

CougarCJ

Sounds like the seller/dealer owes you a subsantial refund, 2 months storage time, plus DMV fees and hassle. I would put it back on him. He being a dealer, they should bear the DMV transfer hassle.

He probably isn't even a licensed car dealer. Threaten to take him to small claims court for storage, and outside DMV services fees. There could be years worth of back fees and penalties due to the DMV. He'll change his tune. If he is selling more than 5? cars per year, the State considers him a dealer and must register as such and post bond. At the very least he will be penalized for purchasing and not registering cars prior to resale.

OP
OP
D

deerrr

No luck. Flipper has no intention of going out of his way to help his customer/friend of over 25 years to fix his mess. I have asked for my money back & he does not have it.
Owners.1 & 2 new court date is in Feb. 2012. and I have to wait!
As soon as I serve papers, and file case(s) then I will post his information.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deerrr

I have fought with Mustangs4.com since Nov. 17, 2011 to buy back the 1969 Mach 1.
There was a court date for the First 2 Guy's on Feb. 21, 2012 Not a Probate!!! Also add 1 more owner into the Mix & Now I'm number 5!! THE BREAK DOWN???? Guy 1 had taken car in for paint/body, and did not Pay. Guy 2 placed lein on guy 1. Guy 2 sells car to Guy 3 no title. Guy 3 sells to Mustangs4.com #4 no title. I buy Car from number 4 on Sept. 20, 2011 Title to come in 10 days, but I gave him 30 days. At the Court House I told number 4 to give Me My Money, and Take Car Back by Sunday Feb. 26, 2012. in the End I had to Call Him, He was Not Coming, and He did Not have the Money. I Filed My Case on Feb. 27, 2012 in Small Claims Court.
Today March 1, 2012. I get a Call telling Me He has the Car in His Name, and will Have Title in 10 days . . .
I have Stated Many Times that "I will Not Accept this Car" !!!!!!! He Just does not Get IT !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

rvrtrash

Probably not what you want to hear at this point, but sometimes you have to pick your battles. At least if you have the title, you have legal ownership and can always sell it. If you fight him over a refund, you may wind up with nothing but court costs. If he's willing to present the title, I don't know if you would have legal recourse to get your money back instead, with most used cars being sold "As-Is". Just something to think about.

Steve

OP
OP
D

deerrr

Hi Steve:
You are Right, but . . .
If I let it go he will continue to Sell. He has held all the Cards since Sept. 20, 2011. On Nov. 17, 2011 He asked (the first time) if I wanted to have the Car sold back by guy 1 or 2, and I answered YES! I live on $870.00 a month & Money I did not have at the end of the month has been Spent.

Last edited:

robert campbell

Deerrr,
Do you have the car at your house? I agree with Steve, and I do not think it is your duty to incur a bunch of heartache and money to ensure this guy is “outed” at an unscrupulous dealer. Your posts here have done a lot to warn people. I also would be careful what I write. State the facts and no more. And do not pour any emotion on the fire. Sorry to say that this dealer has recourse also. Sad thing, and in private say anything you want. At car shows feel free to warn people, but keep it out or writing that could be posted on the net.

Seems like early on you were very hot for this car. I do not know what you paid, but for you to feel that way makes me think you felt it was a good price. If this is a great car then all the better.

If I was still in the same financial situation you seemed to be earlier in when you bought it, I would stay the course. If he has a clean title, then take the car and run! Seems you have great car, possibly at a very good price. Do not let the hassle to finally get the deal closed sour you. The car will make you smile someday if it was real what you wanted!!!

Rob

OP
OP
D

deerrr

Hi Rob:
Never had Remorse over the Car, and Yes Just the Facts !!!
My Emotions are Running High ;`) & I am Half at Fault Here !
I have nothing else to add on this Subject, and Will Be Acting On the Advice I have
Received Here.

Thank You . . . One, and All !!!!!

robert campbell

Deerrr,
I do not think you are half at fault. I was caught up in a situation where I sold a car to someone not knowing the title was in limbo. I paid the guy who bought the car his license tabs for 3 years until the title was clear. Felt like crap and learned a great lesson in car dealing. But the car was a great deal for the buyer and he never got hurt. That is the least the guy that should you the car should do. but if it is a good car it is small potatoes.

Rob