• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New to the Crew-

CuervoSpecial

Story has it back in 1968 Grandpa José took my grandmother car shopping in Anchorage, Alaska. They checked out both the Camaro and Mustangs. Grandpa was bound and determined to get her a new car, so while she liked the Camaro, she was too short to see over the steering wheel. One day on his way to "work" he stopped in the Ford dealership and told them he wanted to get her a Mustang, "but not the baby poop color." The sales guy told him that they had just got one in off the boat and it was back in the warehouse. They walked back to take a look but wouldn't let Grandpa go in. He just said it was some fancy "California Edition" but "it is the red one in the back." Grandpa said "it says California, so it has to be fancy, I will take it."

It took about a week or two according to the conversation on that flight from Puerto Rico with Grandpa, but the Car was delivered to the house, Grandma called Grandpa and said, "some guy is trying to give me the keys to some car, he says it is mine." Grandpa proceeded to ask her how it looked, her response was the most beautiful thing ever. "well take the damn keys!" His words...

Well Grandpa kept that car after she passed, and until about 8 years ago it never left his site. That was when he first asked me to take it, and give it a tune up and an oil change. It needed more than that, as it sat pretty much idle for nearly 20 years. in the carport under the tarps. Grandpa Passed away in January 2017, and I inherited the car and everything with it. (lots and lots of paperwork).

Thus I am new to the crew. Ironically, The Registered owner will never change names, as I am the III.

Last time I had Grandpa out for a ride before my last deployment.

ytrpowR.jpg

franklinair

Don't know the answer. Try again on this thread:
Where are you?
Car info, etc.

Neil

OP
OP
C

CuervoSpecial

Story has it back in 1968 Grandpa José took my grandmother car shopping in Anchorage, Alaska. They checked out both the Camaro and Mustangs. Grandpa was bound and determined to get her a new car, so while she liked the Camaro, she was too short to see over the steering wheel. One day on his way to "work" he stopped in the Ford dealership and told them he wanted to get her a Mustang, "but not the baby poop color." The sales guy told him that they had just got one in off the boat and it was back in the warehouse. They walked back to take a look but wouldn't let Grandpa go in. He just said it was some fancy "California Edition" but "it is the red one in the back." Grandpa said "it says California, so it has to be fancy, I will take it."

It took about a week or two according to the conversation on that flight from Puerto Rico with Grandpa, but the Car was delivered to the house, Grandma called Grandpa and said, "some guy is trying to give me the keys to some car, he says it is mine." Grandpa proceeded to ask her how it looked, her response was the most beautiful thing ever. "well take the damn keys!" His words...

Well Grandpa kept that car after she passed, and until about 8 years ago it never left his site. That was when he first asked me to take it, and give it a tune up and an oil change. It needed more than that, as it sat pretty much idle for nearly 20 years. in the carport under the tarps. Grandpa Passed away in January 2017, and I inherited the car and everything with it. (lots and lots of paperwork).

Thus I am new to the crew. Ironically, The Registered owner will never change names, as I am III.

ytrpowR.jpg

Hd0K3Sh.jpg

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Cool, we may have another mystery to solve!!
Do you happen to have a Marti Report for the car? If not, I'll order one for you.

OP
OP
C

CuervoSpecial

Do you happen to have a Marti Report for the car? If not, I'll order one for you.

I do not, I did include in the image will change the hyperlink at home, but it is of the warranty card.

Edit. ....

Ordered my Marti Report

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CuervoSpecial

Also, as I see you are in Spokane, I believe this was at one time registered at Fairchild AFB when Grandpa was srationed there.

Mosesatm

Do you happen to know if he ever had any bodywork done on the car, particularly the passenger quarter panel?