• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Date /data / stamp for ID plates

imported_tree

Good day to all.just a quick question for the land of GT/CS people. does any one out there know of a business that stamps data plates for cars.I contacted marti works and they quoted me in the range of 100.00 plus shipping for my data plate.I know people have to make money but this is a little stuipd for stamping a total of 13 or so numbers or letters.Well so much for venting. Thanks guys and gals ,have a great day

Terry............................................................

J_Speegle

There are a few others (not as many as there were in the past luckily IMHO) but can't comment on the quality of the work. I see allot of incorrectly stamped ones at shows and on the web (wrong alignment and font size- there were different sizes used)

Guess my opinion of the value of having it done correctly differs from yours. These aren't $500 cars any longer ;)

P

PNewitt

I've noticed that the San Jose cars had a smaller point size for the data tag lettering (stamped into the metal); than the Dearborn and New Jersey factory cars.

I don't think $100 is out of line. You're guaranteed a good part from a Ford licensed vendor.

Paul N.