• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New GT/CS Registry Decals Question

I'm about to make some new registry (club) decals for owners, and I was wondering if any of you had a preference for the wording on them. These will probably be gold, and either round or oval, with the GT/CS logo, and script, suitable for the windshield, or quarter window (back seat). Probably 3" diameter.

So far, I'd like to say something about "35th Anniversary" (1968-2003), and of course, I'll be using "California Made it Happen", and the production number.

Are there any phrases, or words you'd like to see on these that would be appropiate for owners?

Thanks, Paul M. Newitt
Registrar, GT/CS Registry
PMNewitt@CaliforniaSpecial.com

StraightSix

Hi Paul!

I honestly can't think of anything else that should go on the decal. Well, nothing feasible at least :) Color coordination (with the side stripe) would be nice, but is impractical.

Thanks for "making this happen!" ;D

-Winston

Talan423

paul-
sounds like your wording pretty much sums everything up pretty well. i can't think of anything more that would need to be said .

thanks again!
tom

68sunlitgold

Paul,
I definately like the "35th Aniversary" part. As far as the shape, I still like the circle type over the oval.

Doug

rjw

Paul,
Can you tie it in to the regular Mustang "35th Anniversary" emblem in the '99 model? You know it had a silver circle around the Mustang emblem with the words "35th Anniversary" embedded into the silver circle.
rjw

OP
OP
G

I very much appreciate your responses and support! I'll look at the '99 emblem; but I would like to keep my version more original, and in keeping with a late '60's look and feel. Not to ruffle any feathers from the late model crowd, but I'd like to stay away from that Mustang generation's style.

The promotion of the GT/CS was by the San Francisco office of (advertising company) J. Walter Thompson, and the look was truly "Californian". Both registry books reflected that style, and the decal will continue that same style, too.

But--I do appreciate the input and ideas. I'll be sure to say "35th Anniversary". This should be a cool decal. And it will be round, too.

Paul.

Jayscal

Paul,

I can't wait to get one, it sounds like it is going to be one sharp accessory that every GT/CS owner will want on their car. I hope you will let us know when they are available.

By the way, is there any chance of a updated registry in the future? ;)

Jay

OP
OP
G

Paul,

Do you plan on doing an update on the GT/CS Registry? I met you in El Cajon Ca. when you were doing the first registry. I still have my GT/CS and Since have picked up a HCS. Now living in Maine and don't see many GT/CS's. Any way just wondering about the Registry.

Steve