• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My other toy just got painted!!!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm one step closer to finishing my other toy so I can actually get started on the HCS. I just got my '72 Bronco back from the paint shop. After 16 years it's finally all the same color! :icon_lol:

I stripped absolutely everything off and did all the body work before taking it in. So I still have a bit of work to do putting everything back together. But hopefully after that I should be able to turn my attention to bodywork and rust repair on the HCS.

The color is Voodoo Blue (2009 Toyoto FJ Cruiser color) but is very similar to the Grabber Blue used on '69-'70 Mustangs. The guy at the paint shop said it looked like someone "plugged it in" which is a good description. :cool:

Here are some before and after shots.

Attachments

• Bronco-New-Paint- 004.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 004.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Bronco-New-Paint- 009b.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 009b.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Bronco-New-Paint- 009.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 009.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Bronco-New-Paint- 008b.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 008b.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Bronco-New-Paint- 008.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 008.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Bronco-New-Paint- 007b.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 007b.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Bronco-New-Paint- 007.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 007.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Bronco-New-Paint- 004b.JPG
    Bronco-New-Paint- 004b.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 21

CougarCJ

All right, someone making progress.

I have always liked the Bronco I's.

rvrtrash

I know Tim was joking, but I think the stripes and emblem look awsome on the Bronco. I just got my Mach 1 back from paint this week as well, so I know how excited you are Jon. Congrats!

Steve

Ruppstang

Looking good Jon I bet you will have some fun with it when it is done. Marty

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I hope you don't mind my liberties Jon, given your respectable position :)
Not at all. That's very cool Tim. The stripes make the color look even closer to the vintage Grabber Blue, since it was used on '69 Shelbys.

Maybe it could be a "High Desert Special". :grin:

Thanks for all the compliments everyone. I'm pretty excited. It's amazing how you can do months and months of work and the project doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Then you leave it at the paint shop for a week and... BOOM... it's a totally different vehicle!

hookedtrout

Very nice Jon!! There is a Bronco down the street from me for sale, about this same year as yours, it looks to be all redone and in excellent shape, it's been for sale for quite some time so I think they have a pretty high price but I've been tempted to go see and possibly sell my Jeep Wrangler and get back to an all Ford family with no association with any of the bailout bankrupt businesses. (I see Ford showed a $1Billion profit for the 3rd quarter)

How good are the soft tops for these Bronco's as compared to the Jeeps? The one for sale has a hard top and I'm all about soft top and bikini tops, I like the top off all summer and hard tops are difficult to put on and off and store them.

I might stop tonight and get a few pictures of the Bronc for sale.

Cory

tomcwarren

Looks great, Jon.

What paint shop? Always looking for quality shops in the Phoenix area. You never know when someone is going to back into you in a parking lot or a great-Aunt is going to leave you a few thousand in her will and you can blow it on a repaint. :wink:

Tom

hookedtrout

Here are some pictures of the Bronco near me for sale. Looks like it has a 351 Windsor in it.

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 16