• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2008 International Mustang Meet

gazrox

G'day All,

Sorry for taking so long to post this, but here are some pics and the results from the International Mustang Meet held here in Saskatoon over the Labor Day weekend in September. Great weekend! - total number of cars was down due to gas prices but lots of fun anyway with drag racing, dyno tunes and of course the Friday night kegger!

Here's the results of the CS classes;

Stock;
1st Bob Walker
2nd Jean-Yves Pineault

Modifies;
1st Bill Norman
2nd Gary Chomiak.

Next year the meet will be held on the Labor Day weekend in Billings, Montana. Hope to see you there - mark it on your calendar!

Attachments

• IMGP0888.jpg
    IMGP0888.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMGP0887.jpg
    IMGP0887.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMGP0895B.jpg
    IMGP0895B.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMGP0898B.jpg
    IMGP0898B.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMGP0897.jpg
    IMGP0897.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 25

aemoo28

There's something on Labor Day 2009 in LA that conflicts for me. I forget- anyone remember? Big show.... but Montana may be closer to me...

Good for Bill N and his cute dog! I didn't think his was modified, except for his sat radio. Yay for everyone!

aemoo28

Van Nuys MCA Nat'l show. August 27-30. Big judged show on Sat 29th. Registration MCA discount is $55.

Limited to 300 cars.

So the Int'l show would be better for a crowd, definitely.

Roundup planning:
2010 MCA Grand National is the Mustangs NW Roundup party!! Bellevue, Wash. July 15,16,17,18.

rvrtrash

G'day All,

Next year the meet will be held on the Labor Day weekend in Billings, Montana. Hope to see you there - mark it on your calendar!

I may have to go to that. It's "In the neighborhood".

Steve

Northern Pony

Gary; (gazrox)

Thanks for posting pic's, I had watched for them after International, then forgot all about it.
Folks, it was nice to meet Gary, and just to let you know he is a really nice guy with nice little daughter that tags along with dad to car shows. Gary had come along and helped me push my car into position as I couldn't get it started in the morning. I had been detailing the engine the night prior and inadvertently disconected the lead wire off the coil. Stupid I know but not the easiest thing to spot, and at that point I was thinking I had flooded it. Then my day only continued to be one mistake after another, but the car looked good despite all my mistakes. It was only later in the day while talking with Gary that I found out his other car was a GT/CS. He has a very nice red 67 coupe as well. There was another car there from Edmonton that did not show up in pic's. I met him as well and he has a very nice car now that will be just excellent when finished.
Good show and good friends, if any of you can make it to Billings it would be great to see you. I have a feeling that 2011 may be Seattle, so keep posted Steve and Amy
BoB

OP
OP
gazrox

gazrox

No worries Bob - always happy to help out a fellow Mustanger!

Also wanted to thank Gary (Limelyte) for letting me takes lots of photos of his CS - there is nothing better than getting some help in doing a restoration. Gary's ride is absolutely beautiful! Nice surfboard too! LOL

Here's a link to a video that someone shot during the show;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYOiAfbJIKA