• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS registry window sticker

Ruppstang

On the dealer brochure for the 68 HCS it simply said "The West Made it Happen" and those brochures are priceless if you can find one. I'm sure that Bob Teets has one and I'll bet that Marty Rupp has one. I've never seen one in person just a photo.

Cheers,

Ron

Like this?

Attachments

• High Country Special Ad 001.jpg
    High Country Special Ad 001.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 24

Ruppstang

Gary I like you design, but would like a color on the car. I think I would prefer a cling rather than a decal. I can not have any decals on our concours cars. The cling I could take off and put back on.
Just a thought.
Marty

clubpro

Marty,

I was referring to the dealer sales brochure like the one below.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
R

retroman99

ok seems I started something. this is good I don't care what design we go with. I tried to get my version with the HCS on it. but whatever the group decides is fine with me. I like the cling idea
added to Cal special version lots of great ideas lets pick one and get some made

Attachments

• gtcs sticker draft HCS 50TH final .jpg
    gtcs sticker draft HCS 50TH final .jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 48
  • sticker with gradientfinal masterexperiment.jpg
    sticker with gradientfinal masterexperiment.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Ruppstang

Marty,

I was referring to the dealer sales brochure like the one below.

Cheers,

Ron

I have Bob's binder and there is not even a copy of that sales broacher. I have to ask Bob if he has one.
There is one more thing that I need to find.
Marty

limelyt

Gary I like you design, but would like a color on the car. I think I would prefer a cling rather than a decal. I can not have any decals on our concours cars. The cling I could take off and put back on.
Just a thought.
Marty

that's what I was thinking about a sticker that can be removed for shows or in case of a window shield replacement.

limelyt

version 2.0 with HCS verbiage. Also there was a call for a colored car. How about the gold as it is the 50th

Attachments

• 50th window sticker.jpg
    50th window sticker.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 55

franklinair

Gary;
You outdid yourself!These are PERFECT.
Sign me up for 6 CS & 2 HCS.
Decal or clingers are OK with me,

Neil

OP
OP
R

retroman99

version 2.0 with HCS verbiage. Also there was a call for a colored car. How about the gold as it is the 50th
Gary
these look great!! clearly my graphics skills are minor league compared to yours. count me in for (4) of the GT/CS stickers or clinger I'm good either way. I really like the new sticker with the 50th anniversary. you could possible put 68 GTCS and 68 HCS on the license plates as a minor tweak but I'm in thank you for showing me my place!!

limelyt

Gary
these look great!! clearly my graphics skills are minor league compared to yours. count me in for (4) of the GT/CS stickers or clinger I'm good either way. I really like the new sticker with the 50th anniversary. you could possible put 68 GTCS and 68 HCS on the license plates as a minor tweak but I'm in thank you for showing me my place!!

the plate idea is a good one I will incorporate. your graphic skills just sparked my. this is something I enjoy doing.

limelyt

Version 3.0 with plate idea incorporated. keep the ideas coming make it a group effort.

Attachments

• 50th window sticker.jpg
    50th window sticker.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 76

BigJim

Version 3 is nice but I would like a car color that sticks out a little more from the background.

Where did we loose the "Registry Member"? Kind of liked that.

limelyt

did not know what color of car to use so as it is the 50th anniversary I thought the gold would work better. As far as the registry member I can try and incorporate it but we want a new sticker not the same look as the old one. I will see what I can come up with

stangfan

did not know what color of car to use so as it is the 50th anniversary I thought the gold would work better. As far as the registry member I can try and incorporate it but we want a new sticker not the same look as the old one. I will see what I can come up with

I prefer the gold colour as it mimics the original windshield decal that I have. :grin: