• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 10 spoke vs argent gt's

mbsf1970

I might be having buyer's remorse BEFORE buying. I have opportunity to buy a set of Shelby 10 spokes (1980 repops). I've always admired how good they look on everyone else's CS'. I only imagined them on my car until I pulled up an internet photo of them on a gulfstream cs. Now I'm not so sure....thoughts? Also, any perceptible differences driving on 15" vs 14" tires? Can someone plse get photo to display without having to click on "image?"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

Could someone plse turn photo upright? The orig photo is upright and loads upright but then posts upside down!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 30

Mosesatm

You guys with your upside down photos!
I don't know.......I kind of like the 10-spokes. Didn't like cleaning or polishing them, though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Calendar.jpg
    Calendar.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 42

CougarCJ

Another suggestion is the Legendary GT6 wheels machined with black. Updated Shelby 10 Spoke wheel.

CJ Pony ad. good price with wheels. Other sizes available.

68gulfstream

One big plus in moving to a 15 inch wheel would be opening up a wider choice of tire styles.

Mosesatm

Another suggestion is the Legendary GT6 wheels machined with black. Updated Shelby 10 Spoke wheel.

CJ Pony ad. good price with wheels. Other sizes available.

That is a good looking wheel. It would look great on a car with black stripes.

OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

Follow up question.....what spec 15" tire would work best on stock mustang?
width, aspect ratio?

Those updated Shelby style rims look great!
Stephen

68gulfstream

Your Marti report should say what size tires came on the car originally. From that we can figure out the diameter of the tire. Then use that diameter to find a close match with a current tire in the 215 or 225 size range. That's if you want to keep a setup close to stock.

1968Cally

My Marti Report shows F70x14 wide oval nylon white stripe. I guess I thought that back then, the wide ovals were all polyglass.

If I do go with the 15" 10 spokes, I would want to get period correct looking wide oval raised white letters. Maybe correct looking but radials. Was there one brand put on the San Jose Mustangs for 1968? What would the F70x15 equate to in the metric series?

68gulfstream

Radials were available as an option on some 1968 cars but that's a side issue :)

An F70-14 tire should be 26.24" in diameter. So when you look at the tires you are shopping for, the manufacturer will list the diameter of the tire. Try to stay close to that number for the same look and speedometer function.

Looking at the basic size conversion charts, 205/70/15 is pretty close at 26.3". But I'd just get on Coker Tire and go through the 15" tires and check the diameters.

This 215/65/15 is 26" so a touch small.

https://www.cokertire.com/tires/styles/classic-50s-60s/p215-65r15-bf-goodrich-t-a-rwl.html