• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Deluxe Lime Gold GT/CS on eBay

miller511

Also, the front fenders appear to be from a '67. There should be corner markers at the front of the fenders, correct?
And the hood pins don't seem correct.
And I'm not sure, but the license plate is too early of a letter sequence to be original to a CS seems like I've seem them with original black and gold plates starting with the first letter of W, X, and Y.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

No Mustang script on the rear deck either.

Something fishy here.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I sent the seller a note listing the issues and asking if a Marti report is available.

Diesel Donna

It states that there is a Marti report on it in the description.

I like how they state that they have had no compliments on the car...hahahaaa ,I believe he means COMPLAINTS. DUH.

somethingspecial

Just looking at the door data plate, and those pop rivits, I would start suspecting a VIN swap with a 67. Easy to do. 67 fenders, California Special script in the wrong location. All backwards script I have seen are on the right side, not left. BEWARE!!!!!!

BroadwayBlue

I think the biggest question to start is at some point this car probably went through some type of restoration and is not all original as they state. That would probably start explaining a lot.

As for the script. 1 or 2 people here have driver's side scripts that are wrong. My right side happens to be wrong though as well.

As for that data plate, where is that taken from? Not the door.

R

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Good point, Rich. It looks to me like the material the hole is drilled through is too thick to be metal. Is it fiberglass?
I wonder if the Marti report and the letter from Ford are based only on that tag.

Remember our friend who tried to sell the VIN tags on eBay a few months ago? This might be the perfect example of why that practice is not allowed.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

somethingspecial said:
67 fenders,

Am I correct in assuming that since this car does not have the required safety side lights on the front fenders it cannot be licensed in most states (that is if the inspectors know what to look for)?

di81977

Interesting. Look who is bidding on this car...MustangsUnlimited. Isn't this the same parts supplier that was using members pictures in their catalog without their permission? I guess they decided they need their own GT/CS to photograph.

david