• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Special day!...

Midnight Special

...Happy Birthday to Registrar, Mike Jewell !
Anyone who can make "this" from "that" has to be "somethingspecial"! :)

Attachments

• PICT1298.jpg
    PICT1298.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 96
  • IM000929.jpg
    IM000929.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IM000928.jpg
    IM000928.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 87

Ruppstang

Happy Birthday Mike! Thanks for all you do with the registry.
Hope you have a great day. Marty

Mustanger

Happy B-day to you ... and many more!!! Enjoy the cake :thumb: ...

Attachments

• SheriffJohnBdayCakeCompressed.jpg
    SheriffJohnBdayCakeCompressed.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 21

somethingspecial

Thanks Guys

I had a wonderful B-day. My family took me to Monterey for the weekend. Great fun, great food, and best of all, great company. I even squeezed in an inprompto visit to a man who has a GNS, now painted red and wearing GT/CS graphics. It is in the registry and one brought to my attention by Rob. He was not home at the time, but I left a card with his wife who showed me what she could of the car. It was covered up with a tarp that was tied down. The VIN is C124554. I got home last night and he was on my machine. I will call him today. Another GNS wearing CS parts not showing the CS option on the Marti.

I am getting off thread. Thanks again for the GREAT B-day wishes from GREAT folks here.

robert campbell

I had a wonderful B-day. My family took me to Monterey for the weekend. Great fun, great food, and best of all, great company. I even squeezed in an inprompto visit to a man who has a GNS, now painted red and wearing GT/CS graphics. It is in the registry and one brought to my attention by Rob. He was not home at the time, but I left a card with his wife who showed me what she could of the car. It was covered up with a tarp that was tied down. The VIN is C124554. I got home last night and he was on my machine. I will call him today. Another GNS wearing CS parts not showing the CS option on the Marti.

I am getting off thread. Thanks again for the GREAT B-day wishes from GREAT folks here.

Mike,
This is Janice Brulics car. I talked to this guy one time, but can't remember his name. The standard Marti report is on page 4 of our Marti report sticky on the site.

I have a couple old pictures of this car . Janice got it from her uncle who restored it a bit in the 1980’s. She remembered specifically that he knew that it was painted an odd color called “anniversary gold”. He knew it was not sunlit gold. This color is also noted in the first book as a possible color for some GNS cars that were send to the North West with GT/CS stuff on them to promote the GT/CS.

My car was built on 2 January and the one you saw on 4 January. I thorough inspect by someone like yourself may bring to light some facts about these early cars. The both went to DSO 74 Seattle.

My guess is you will find it to have Ford fiberglass, and not repop. The correct wiring harness and so on. My car does. Two GNS cars, built within two days of each other, wearing the the proper stuff. One thing to look for is any evidence of a GNS “plaque” above the radio. All real GNS cars were supposed to have a plaque with the buyers name on them. Of note the GNS promotion was before the GT/CS debut. So the San Jose line would have had them coming down it. A perfect couple cars to remove from the line and store for a GT/CS finishing.

Ordered as a GNS. Finished as a GT/CS in GNS colors??? The mystery continues....

Rob

franklinair

Mike,
Glad you had a great Birthday, and wishing you many more.

Neil

clubpro

Happy belated birthday Mike! What a great way to celebrate a weekend in Monterey. Thanks for all that you do.

Cheers,

Ron