• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Alloy Metal rear taillight harness review

dalorzo_f

Nice part, but does not install properly.

The clip to hold the harness to the wheel well was missing, and the clip to hold it to the front door jamb was also AWOL. Ended up taping new ones to the harness to hold it, not what one expects from a $200+ harness... mildly disappointing....

:tongue:

x-codegtcs

Is this the GTCS one? I got mine from CoralSnake - I though he has the exclusive on this one - maybe not anymore. I found mine to be a bit short - it is strung fairly tight from the wheel well to the rear panel. To top it off, the replaced rear qtr sheet metal doesn't have the retainer tabs at the top to hold the wiring up - got to find some kind of pre-adhesived hook to put it up out of the way.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Yes, that is the one. I bought a few from Pete a while back. Mine had no clip anywhere near where it is supposed to attach to the wheel well... did yours?

x-codegtcs

I would have to check again to see if it was present or not. I remember it having one, but, it wasn't close to anything to clip into if I remember right...almost like it was made for a fastback... But the wire was pretty stretched so I doubt it will rattle anyway - once I get it attached to the fender it will be nice and tight.

With this said, I want to say that ALL of my other Alloy Metal harnesses have fit perfectly with all clips in the right spots. And I replaced EVERY harness in the car - except for the underdash AC harness (Thanks Marty!).