• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

NEW! 2006 No. California-Only Mustang

P

PNewitt

I wanted to pass this on to all of you -- about as fast as I heard it a couple of days ago....

I was visiting a friend at Harrold Ford in Sacramento last week, and was told about a NEW 2006 Limited Edition Mustang--just for Northern California! It is being built right now, and should be out on the lots of No. Calif. Ford dealers by Mid-November.

It is a special regional project by the No. California "FDAA" (Ford Dealer Advertising Association) (formerly the "FDAF", which developed the GT/CS and HCS in '68)

The official name hasn't been announced, but you can bet that it won't be called a "GT/CS", because SVT has that under development for '07 or '08.

Here is what the Limited Edition No. California 2006 Mustang will include:

Production: 400
Colors: Black, Redfire, Vista Blue, or Tungsten--ONLY.
Interior: Light/Dark combo / Graphite / Leather or Cloth optional
Stripes: Double 9" wide SILVER "Shelby Stripes" (actually Le Mans type ) on the hood, roof and decklid.
GT Wing on decklid
"Pony Package" (a new 2006 feature, which includes the horse, corral, and chrome bars with (smaller than '05) fog lights.
17" "Bullitt" wheels
Chrome exhaust tips
ABS/Traction Control
GT Shocks / anti-sway bar / steering gear
Badging: Spacial "gas cap" emblem, and numbered dash plaque (i.e. "number X of 400 made")

IF you are interested in getting one of these (this is just a FYI--not a promo) limited edition Mustangs, you can E-Mail me, or contact Harrold Ford (among the many Ford dealers in No. Calif.), at www.harroldford.com. Ask for Jan Howell, and mention that you are with the GT/CS Registry.

If this car seems as it's supposed to be-- I will include it into the registry as a (No.) California Mustang. All 400 would be registered along side the GT/CS Registry--as well as details about it in the new GT/CS Registry book!

if I get any photos, I will post them here.
You saw it here first!

Paul Newitt 8)

Mustanger

Will this car be offered with the 4.6 V8, or the 6 cylinder motor??
How about transmissions: Auto, 5 spd, 6 spd??

Just curious :)...

miller511

There was commercial for the "California Edition" 2006 Mustang at the end of the MNF game last night (West coast). Did anyone else see it? It looked interesting. Dual hood stripes and smaller foglights with the chrome horizontal bar across the grill. I couldn't recall if there was a pony and corral. I cannot find any reference to the commercial or pics by searching Google.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'll tryo to get some photos of the new Cal Edition for you--and post them here in a week or so--from a Sacramento Ford Dealer...

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

there was a car at the SEMA show in the Ford area that was called California Edition. It was baby blue with the whitest leather interior I have ever seen. EVERYTHING was white. :(

imnew

Right now im leasing the car for 3 years. its 999 down and 200 something a month. But it went up to 320 a month and 1680 because I wanted leather in it and for the warranty package that covers shocks, tiers, brake pads ect ect.

rvrtrash

68gt390 said:
Don't know if it's just me but, couldn't get your link you listed to work.

Don

Same here. It said I was forbidden. Someone must know me pretty well.:grin:
Steve

miller511

BroadwayBlue

Wow!

$995.00 for stripes, gas cap cover, chrome exhaust tips and a dash plaque?

Is it just me or is that a bit high? :eek:
It looks cool but for $1,000 you can add some decent performance mods to that car couldn't you or a nice body kit?

imnew

hmmmm well i guess i have the southern cali one....

did the back logo have a scs on it? or was it something else?

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Yes, it's the Southern California Special. You see, the So. Calif Ford Dealers caught wind of what No. Calif. was doing, and wanted their own version. The only difference from the CE (Calif. Edition) is the gas cap and dash plaque.

400 CEs were made, 600 SCSs were made.

I'll mention these in the book.

Paul N.

68gt390

davidathans said:
This is not the same as the " 2007 california special" right? Wont the 2007 GTCS say "GTCS" on the side scoops??

David;
This is a totally different car and not the 07 GT/CS.

Don

oldflatfoot

PNewitt said:
I wanted to pass this on to all of you -- about as fast as I heard it a couple of days ago....

I was visiting a friend at Harrold Ford in Sacramento last week, and was told about a NEW 2006 Limited Edition Mustang--just for Northern California! It is being built right now, and should be out on the lots of No. Calif. Ford dealers by Mid-November.

It is a special regional project by the No. California "FDAA" (Ford Dealer Advertising Association) (formerly the "FDAF", which developed the GT/CS and HCS in '68)

The official name hasn't been announced, but you can bet that it won't be called a "GT/CS", because SVT has that under development for '07 or '08.

Here is what the Limited Edition No. California 2006 Mustang will include:

Production: 400
Colors: Black, Redfire, Vista Blue, or Tungsten--ONLY.
Interior: Light/Dark combo / Graphite / Leather or Cloth optional
Stripes: Double 9" wide SILVER "Shelby Stripes" (actually Le Mans type ) on the hood, roof and decklid.
GT Wing on decklid
"Pony Package" (a new 2006 feature, which includes the horse, corral, and chrome bars with (smaller than '05) fog lights.
17" "Bullitt" wheels
Chrome exhaust tips
ABS/Traction Control
GT Shocks / anti-sway bar / steering gear
Badging: Spacial "gas cap" emblem, and numbered dash plaque (i.e. "number X of 400 made")

IF you are interested in getting one of these (this is just a FYI--not a promo) limited edition Mustangs, you can E-Mail me, or contact Harrold Ford (among the many Ford dealers in No. Calif.), at www.harroldford.com. Ask for Jan Howell, and mention that you are with the GT/CS Registry.

If this car seems as it's supposed to be-- I will include it into the registry as a (No.) California Mustang. All 400 would be registered along side the GT/CS Registry--as well as details about it in the new GT/CS Registry book!

if I get any photos, I will post them here.
You saw it here first!

Paul Newitt 8)

I have a SCS 06 Mustang and wonder if my car was supposed to have a number plaque on the dash like the Stampede Edition produced in Texas ?