• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Photos from Fords at Carlisle 2008

deestix

Hello All,
We had a fantastic day yesterday (Saturday) at Fords at Carlisle, in Carlisle PA. In spite of the tortuously hot weather, the turnout of GT/CS's, both old and new, as well as HCS's, was fantastic.
It was a personal honor for me to meet and spend considerable time speaking with Bob Teets. Bob, thanks for all the kinds words of advice about my car!
Attached are some of the photos I took. Most of the owners were able to get together near the end of the day on Saturday for a group shot. My apologies for not getting everyone's name. Maybe as others see this and add their own photos, they can identify themselves. (I'm in the red shirt.)
I know that many others were making a weekend of it. I'm interested to know how Sunday went.
Lastly, special thanks to Rich DiMarino for pulling all this together and getting us our own class among the hundreds of other Mustangs! We must do this again next year.
Richard Reina (deestix)

Attachments

• Fords at Carlisle 1.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Fords at Carlisle 9.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 9.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Fords at Carlisle 8.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 8.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Fords at Carlisle 7.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 7.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Fords at Carlisle 5.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 5.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Fords at Carlisle 4.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 4.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Fords at Carlisle 3.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 3.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Fords at Carlisle 2.jpg
    Fords at Carlisle 2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 43

case12

Thanks for the awesome pictures. Better sun than rain - usually Carlisle is flooded each year. Looking forward to the full report from others too. Thanks, Casey

BroadwayBlue

Hey everyone!

It was a great weekend ... and unbelievably hot and humid!! But aside from the weather ... which luckily wasn't rain I guess, it was great. We ran out of room in the CS/HCS class due to the turnout.

I will post a full report hopefully tomorrow. Need to get some sleep tonight.

As far as pictures I think I have, about 500 pics from the weekend including Carlisle, Pony Drive and the AACA Hershey Museum ... I'll go through them and post them for everyone to see over the next few days.

It was great to meet some other CS/HCS owners from all years with some fantastic cars!!

Richard, thank you so much for the comments, it was my pleasure. I was overwhelmed by the number of cars that showed up. More on that in my report

Also - Bob Teets car was one of the cars on the banners that were hanging up for the Cobra Jet Reunion. I have pictures of that too!!

Lastly, all the 68's aside from Richard were able to return for awhile on Sunday. I'm not sure if any late models came back on Sunday, none had by the time I left. In case they don't know, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in the class were won by 07 CS's.

The winners I believe were:
1st: Harry ?
2nd: Nancy Philipp
3rd: Skip ?

UPDATED:
1st: Nancy Philipp (Ladystang)
2nd: Skip Derosier
3rd: Wayne Hare

Not sure of the exact order to be honest, I forgot to write it down, but I think that's it. I think Tom wrote it down maybe he can confirm the order and full names. Sorry I didn't get to talk to Harry or Skip and didn't get their last names. Congratulations to the winners!

Last edited:

Ladystang

Boy was it hot this weekend.

Thank you Tom,hcsstang, for looking us up at our tent.(BMC) We enjoyed meeting you, and seeing your car. Enjoyed seeing the old CS's with the new ones. Got some good pics too.

Yes, we were all still there on Sunday. Because of room issues in the CS area, we, four of the new CS's, parked with the BMC group at the tent.
Thank you for the Congrats on our 1st place award. Was a very nice surprise. This was our first time at Carlisle, so we stayed for the parade and pictures. By the way, name is spelled, Philipp.

Skip, Quarterhorse, did take 2nd place, and I'm not sure if we met the 3rd place winner. Do you know what color his car was???

The BMC group had 75 cars, and took 2nd place trophey, and the coolest club hangout tent banner.

All, in all, a very nice weekend, but extremely hot. Did not stray too far from the shade of the tent, and the water supply. Not sure if I would go to Carlisle for all three days again or not. See what next year brings.

Nice to have met all of you.

case12

Thanks to Rich!!

This is a great family on this site!

I couldn't make it to Carlisle, but saw on the schedule that some of the famous racers of the original TASCA 428CJ's at the 1968 Winternationals were going to be there signing autographs. I am a big collector of memorabilia, so I asked Rich if he would get Al Joniec (http://www.dearbornflashback.com/68dragteam.asp) to sign a photo for me. He said yes without hesitation, waited from me to mail the photos last week, and then stood in line on a hot day to get the autograph. He just sent me pics of Al signing the photo I sent, and a pic of one of the cars Al Joniec drove in 1968 (both attached below). I can't wait to get the autographed pics in the mail.

I know many of us help each other out behind the scenes as part of our great family on the site - and I want to thank Rich for being such a good friend to do this for me. It's what makes this site special for me...

Casey

Attachments

• DSC_1913.jpg
    DSC_1913.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_1927.JPG
    DSC_1927.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 26

QuarterHorse

It was a great show with a great display of some excellent GT/CS cars. It was a pleasure meeting all of the GT/CS owners. You are all a very nice bunch of people.

Rich... Thanks for doing the work of getting a GT/CS category for the show. I really enjoyed being a part of it. BTW.... we did meet, but it was brief. I was actually crazy enough to brave the heat and actually walk around the show field to judge the cars. Between that and hitting the vendors, I was walking around the show for most of the day. I have the sunburn on the back of my neck to prove it! I did return on Sunday and, unfortunately, you were already gone.

Some of the highlights for me were:

1. Speaking with Bob Teets and getting the story behind the acquisition of his car.

2. Finding an original 1968 GT/CS brochure in great condition after a two year search.

3. Seeing a restored vintage mustang go-cart that was painstakingly turned into a 1968 GT/CS

A special thanks to Tom for tracking me down and offering up some great conversation throughout the show. I'd like to add that you are quite a talented woodworker.

Hope we can do it again next year.

Skip

BroadwayBlue

Casey,
It was my pleasure! You've helped me out a number of times, but you know what - I would have done it even if you never helped me :grin: Like you said that's what this site is about.

As you mentioned, I've received plenty of help from members here on the forums and also behind the scenes.
There aren't many forums where people will send you parts for free and even pay for shipping! Everyone helps each other however we can.

Skip,
I thought we met but I couldn't remember exactly. Thanks for correcting me. It was pretty crazy there with us all walking around with wax and glass cleaner and towels in our hands and trying to talk between sprays and wipes! LOL! :grin:
Then with all there was to see and do everyone was anxious to get their day started. That was understandable. I was disappointed I didn't get to see all I wanted too but
enjoyed what I did get to see and do.

Hopefully we can talk more another time. Carlisle 09 maybe?

To All,
I'll be posting my report and pictures tomorrow (Tuesday) hopefully. They're almost all uploaded and I'm almost done with my writeup as well. I just need to add captions to my pictures.

Thanks!