• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ Mustangs vs the World drag race

joedls

I went to Barona 1/8 mile dragstip today and won 2nd place in the 7 second class. I ran a best of 7.325 & 97.198 MPH. I also pulled a front wheel for the first time.
2168497d4e46029af.jpg

2168497d4e4762f64.jpg

2168497d4e4ca9d61.jpg

2168497d4e62910ed.jpg

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Thanks everyone. I made 2 changes to the car since the last time I ran. I removed the radiator support and replaced it with a lightweight piece made by BMR. And I used skinny wheels and tires in front.

robert campbell

Joe,
The way you abuse (not in my mind) that beautiful new car!!!! Way fast way cool!! Somehow I think this car is going to go faster and faster. Look out David. Roll cage for Joe!! Drag chutes for both of you!!!

Rob

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Thanks everyone. The car is getting faster everytime I take it out. It also ran very consistent times yesterday. I ran 5 times, 1 without nitrous just to see the difference and 4 times with. The run without nitrous was a 7.74. The runs with nitrous were 7.38, 7.35, 7.32, & 7.38.

I'm not sure about future mods. I'm pushing the envelope without a rollbar. The track yesterday just let me slide, but they require a rollbar for anything quicker than 7.4.

Perkchiro

I'm a little late on the post Joe, but I really enjoyed the pics. That is one bad lookin' ride. You need a roll cage for sure if you keep up the drags.

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Awesome pictures and congratz Joe! I can't wait to get back out to the track again

I'll be going to a private track day at Fontana on Friday 3/6. I think some spots came open, if you're interested. It's a little over $100 and it will be limited to 50 cars. The track will be prepped very well, by the same guy that preps it for PSCA races.

davidathans

I'll be going to a private track day at Fontana on Friday 3/6. I think some spots came open, if you're interested. It's a little over $100 and it will be limited to 50 cars. The track will be prepped very well, by the same guy that preps it for PSCA races.

I wish i could go

I need most of this stuff just so i can race again...
1) Custom Roll Cage
2) 2 Recaro Racing Seats
3) 2 or 4 Racing Harnesses ( i want to keep the back seat...dont know if its going to be possible)
4) MSD Timing Module (so i can retard my timing for nitrous without rotating distributor)
5) Nitrous Bottle Heater
6) Nitrous Ventilation down turn tube (need this to pass tech inspection)
7) New Weld Racing Rear Rims
8) New Weld Racing Skinny Front Rims ( i already have the tires for these)
9) New 28"x9" rear slicks
10) Moroso screws to screw slicks to new rims
11) Fiberglass Hood
12) Fiberglass front fenders
13) Wide band air fuel gauge

Thats going to run me around $10000...so i dont see getting out to the track again any time soon....the CS is so unique that i bet they will remember me running 11 flats and even if i could get them to let me run on that track...i'd have to cheat my way past tech inspection again and i'd get kicked off after 1 good race...

Good luck though Joe...i look forward to racing you and im still trying to get the video of our only race and my race against the shelby GT500 to Paul to go with the Book's DVD