• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Carpet & Dash Pad Colors

dpheyes

Hi all,

Just spent 10 long, hot days in Tucson stripping my GTCS down to the bare bones! The paint guy will be getting it into his shop in late July for a complete rotisserie paint & body restoration job. Then the work really starts!

Meanwhile, I'm looking at ordering the interior and had a question for you guys. I have a 2U interior code. It's supposed to be a standard Parchment vinyl seat interior with headrests. But what color should the carpet and dash pad be? I don't see any carpet colored Parchment - just Lt. Saddle.

Does anyone out there have a correct parchment interior? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug in Alaska

6t8-390gt

My unrestored 68 GT Conv. has parchment interior and has a black dash pad and black carpet. The painted portion of the dash, door shells, rear quarter, etc. is painted parchment. My CAC report from Ford also states Parchment w/ black all vinyl bucket seats.

I have a picture of a restored GT Conv. w/ parchment interior and it is the same.

Hope this helps.

Danny

OP
OP
D

dpheyes

Thanks Danny,

I think a black dash pad and carpet is correct, however, I know that the original seats in mine were Parchment. Do you know what the interior code on yours is?

I was wondering how a light Saddle carpet would look with the Parchment interior, but it might show dirt too much.

Thanks again!

6t8-390gt

My seats are parchment as well. I don't know why Ford worded it the way they did on the CAC report. I think a better wording would have been parchment all vinyl bucket seats with black appointments. Only the carpet and dash pad were black.