• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dash plate idea

bztz4m

I saw this on another forum I thought it would be a good idea for the California Special registry for our dash plates. What do you all think.

Attachments

• dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 75
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 79

rvrtrash

I like the one on the right. It looks more "period correct".

Steve

P

PNewitt

For the '68 cars, I actually have had that in the works. We talked about it some time ago. Owners would have to provide a Marti Report, or Orig. invoice (copies) to get one. it would affix to the notch in the driver's side fender, via sticky emblem tape, or rivets. It's coming....and the artwork is 90% done.

As for the late models--nothing yet, but I could get to it after I finish my other "very busy' projects right now.

It's a good idea, and it adds to the car.

Paul N.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

For the '68 cars, I actually have had that in the works. We talked about it some time ago. Owners would have to provide a Marti Report, or Orig. invoice (copies) to get one. it would affix to the notch in the driver's side fender, via sticky emblem tape, or rivets. It's coming....and the artwork is 90% done.

As for the late models--nothing yet, but I could get to it after I finish my other "very busy' projects right now.

It's a good idea, and it adds to the car.

Paul N.

How were you doing the registry numbering on the plate? My thought for the newer GTCS was something like this: GTCS2007XXXX. Where the X's would be the member number in the registry.

P

PNewitt

Well, I don't agree that you can just set up a sequence number of "who has what dash emblem". In the context of doing a true registry, that makes no sense.

I, or someone needs to find where in the 2007 VIN number is the sequence build number. That is what should be used. We can make up a prefix, that's OK, but it should be followed by the build number (or part of it at least).

Also--in order to give these plaques (late model) "meaning", I would need proof of it actually being a GT/CS. This would mean a photocopy of the actual invoice. With these fascia parts, side scoops and stripe kits available, we're back to proof of authenticity.

I know the enthusiasm for these cars is rampant--and I totally understand, but we need to do this right, and consistent with the WHOLE registry, to make it valid, and to make it right. This will take some time.

Paul N.

2007GTCS

I like the dash plaque that goes between the A/C vents. Shelby is using that format for their new cars (I'd like something that looks of a better quality than the one shown in the pic above). As for the production sequence, this is off of the MyFord website.
Chris

Attachments

• MustangVIN.gif
    MustangVIN.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 30

hotrodgrany

I like the dash plaque that goes between the A/C vents. Shelby is using that format for their new cars (I'd like something that looks of a better quality than the one shown in the pic above). As for the production sequence, this is off of the MyFord website.
Chris

Hay this is my HVBoM report thanks to Ron will any info help. Will this help out with information on the 07-08 GT/CS for the new book Paul is doing. This is on my 2007 Mustang GT/CS

Attachments

• hotrodgrany1.JPG
    hotrodgrany1.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 21
  • hotrodgrany2.JPG
    hotrodgrany2.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 19
P

PNewitt

This is really great. I like this "instant" help and resource to help me out (believe me, I am so swamped with work right now).

A few questions to the '07 owners:

1. would you be satisfied with only the six-digit sequence number on the plaque?

2. I need to check, but they build all current Mustangs at Flat Rock only? That way, we wouldn't need the factory code.

3. I don't think we need the engine code, since they all have the GT V-8.

4. Any other info, or (" GT/CS unique") numbers you'd like to see on the plaque?
We can begin with a prefix, then the six digit sequence number. Like this:
GT/CS Reg. 07 - XXXXXX

How's that?

also..as I know some of you like the die-cut plaque they used for the Shelby, they are expensive to make. The '06 "California Edition" they made for No. Calif. had a simple rectangular plaque, which I think is more subtle. There are some stock shapes for plaques like this, being square, rectangular, and oval. I think an oval one would mimick the Ford logo, as well as look unique for the GT/CS, and people would know immediately from that shape on the dash (which would distinguish it from the usual car show plaques). I also think that gold (brushed brass) with black lettering, would look more "California", being the Golden State, and it would match the decals for the windows.

thanks again!! Paul.

OP
OP
B

bztz4m

This is really great. I like this "instant" help and resource to help me out (believe me, I am so swamped with work right now).

A few questions to the '07 owners:

1. would you be satisfied with only the six-digit sequence number on the plaque?

2. I need to check, but they build all current Mustangs at Flat Rock only? That way, we wouldn't need the factory code.

3. I don't think we need the engine code, since they all have the GT V-8.

4. Any other info, or (" GT/CS unique") numbers you'd like to see on the plaque?
We can begin with a prefix, then the six digit sequence number. Like this:
GT/CS Reg. 07 - XXXXXX

How's that?

also..as I know some of you like the die-cut plaque they used for the Shelby, they are expensive to make. The '06 "California Edition" they made for No. Calif. had a simple rectangular plaque, which I think is more subtle. There are some stock shapes for plaques like this, being square, rectangular, and oval. I think an oval one would mimick the Ford logo, as well as look unique for the GT/CS, and people would know immediately from that shape on the dash (which would distinguish it from the usual car show plaques). I also think that gold (brushed brass) with black lettering, would look more "California", being the Golden State, and it would match the decals for the windows.

thanks again!! Paul.

As far as the numbering sequence for the plate I think that would work it would be unique to each owner.

The shape of the plate a square, rectangle or even the oval would be cool it would be cool to see what each would look like maybe use photoshop or paintshop pro to get an idea on how it would look like.

Last edited:

2007GTCS

Paul,
Flat Rock is the only production plant. I'd be good with either just the six digit prod. seq. # or the full VIN. I'm kinda partial to the between the A/C vents shape, I'm not sure how any other shape would look between there. I think if it was another shape, it might be better to mount it on the passenger side upper airbag cover (roughly where the glove box is on classic Mustangs...where Shelby signed the originals). As for the colors of the plaques, I'm trying to visualize what a gold plaque would look like against the silver background of the dash. Even a black plaque with gold lettering might look good since black is a pretty dominant color in all '07 interiors.

Ladystang

Paul,
Flat Rock is the only production plant. I'd be good with either just the six digit prod. seq. # or the full VIN. I'm kinda partial to the between the A/C vents shape, I'm not sure how any other shape would look between there. I think if it was another shape, it might be better to mount it on the passenger side upper airbag cover (roughly where the glove box is on classic Mustangs...where Shelby signed the originals). As for the colors of the plaques, I'm trying to visualize what a gold plaque would look like against the silver background of the dash. Even a black plaque with gold lettering might look good since black is a pretty dominant color in all '07 interiors.

I agree with above!!:thumb:

SD CASPCL

Dash Plate

I agree, with the idea, and I am partial to the center dash location, similar to the Shelby's or possibly on the right side of the dash above the glove box door.

Vay

I really like the way they did the Carrol Shelby plaque.

Would it effect the way the airbag deployed (god forbid) if you mounted it on the P/S?