• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Headliner replacement; NOS, Repro & Type of install

gtcs1

Hi,

I try to get a source for NOS headliner. If there is response, I'll have to go with a repro one.

What's your recommendation, for an OEM type manufacturer. Mine is Gold Nugget interior 1968 coupe.

Also, my installer is telling me that to replace the headliner and to achieve a very good job, he will take windshield and back window off, to ensure a good overlap with the frame. He said installing it with the glasses and seal in place is very difficult and does not do as good a job? Any experience on that to share.

Thank you very much.

PFSlim

I had mine installed with all windows and all trim removed. I can tell you that it will look better, easier to install, etc.

I installed a repro headliner and it worked just fine. Looks very nice. I had an interior guy install it for me which I think makes a big difference.

Good luck.

Paul

Perkchiro

I totally agree with Paul. You really have to take the front and back windows out to do a good job. Plan on new weather seals before the window re-installation. I used an aftermarket headliner and I don't think anyone could tell it from an original, except that it looks new. Good luck with your project.

Steve in Missouri

OP
OP
G

gtcs1

Perkchiro said:
I totally agree with Paul. You really have to take the front and back windows out to do a good job. Plan on new weather seals before the window re-installation. I used an aftermarket headliner and I don't think anyone could tell it from an original, except that it looks new. Good luck with your project.

Steve in Missouri

What kind or manufacturer did you use for the headliners and seals ?

Perkchiro

Same here. I think the the headliner and seals both were ordered from National Parts Depot (NPD).

Steve in Missouri