• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 MCA preservation showing?

Forsche

MCA National - too late?

Hello all....Its been a long time since sara and I have visited the site. You might recall that we bought the very odd "gold hoard car" that we found after reading an article about the death of its original owner in 2012. We still have the car and are keeping it exactly as Walter, the original owner kept if for 45 years.

Just noticed that there is a national show coming up next weekend. AND found out that the show registration is closed! Was so bummed as we would love to show "Walter" as a preservation car at the show. It has never been shown before since Walter and his mother were so reclusive. I just sent an email to MCA...(pasted email below)to see if there might be any cancellations or openings. Would love to show this quirky GTCS at the show. Probably unlikely bit we'll see. Here is the note I sent.

Is anyone else planning on attending?

Steve

Hi, I just noticed (apparently very late) that there is an MCA national show next weekend. It appears the show is closed but thought it worth it to at least send a note to see if there might be any cancellations or possibility of entering our car.

We have a very unique original 1968 california special that has a very strange and interesting history. In short it was a one owner car until 2013. We bought it from the estate of the original family after reading about it on the internet. They were very reclusive mother and son who lived 40+ years in carson city nevada and this was their only car. Neither ever worked. The father is rumored to have been killed in 1963 in a suspicious mob-related hit (industrial accident) in a pie factory! : ) The original owner (son) died with no surviving relatives and when the county clerk was cleaning the house for sale they found over $7 million dollars in gold coins in the house. He had very little except the mustang, a small house and the gold coins. We contacted the person handling the estate and bought the car sight unseen. We also bought a couple of the gold coins to keep as part of the history of this car. You can read more about this car if you google “samaszko gold” and possibly samaszko mustang”.

Walter Samaszko was the owner of this car so we call it “walter”. We are committed to keeping the car exactly as walter and his mother kept it (except for the huge bug deflector that I regrettably took off the car and threw away early on!)

There are also a couple of very quirky things that they had the dealer (pasadena dealership) do to the car. They added a hood scoop and somewhat homegrown forced air induction on this j-code car. Even more odd, the brake ducts were made active and appear to be done very professionally using what appears to be original ducting used for the shelby’s. Not sure how this was justified on a drum brake car but it is very professionally done. Must have been done at the dealer as I don't think there is any way it could be ordered that way from the factory.

As mentioned, the car is well loved after 49 years but looks quite good and we would love to share it at the MCA show as a preservation car. It has never been seen publicly at a show before since Walter and his mother were so reclusive.

Is there any possibility that we could arrange to show our car at the show?

I do have pics that I am happy to share.

Regards

Steve Stanislaus
Atlanta, GA

franklinair

Steve;
Hope you have success with MCA to display your GT/CS.
I will be attending the show on Saturday, 7-15, but with no car.
Marty Rupp (Ruppstang, MCA judge) will also be there judging cars.
Hope to see you & Sara there. Its been a long time since I visited you two at your home.

Neil

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Steve;
Hope you have success with MCA to display your GT/CS.
I will be attending the show on Saturday, 7-15, but with no car.
Marty Rupp (Ruppstang, MCA judge) will also be there judging cars.
Hope to see you & Sara there. Its been a long time since I visited you two at your home.

Neil

Thanks, Neil. Would be fun to go and to see you again also. I suspect we're too late but always worth a try.

Regards,

Steve

mbsf1970

Steve,
How far do you live from Neil? There is a possibility of me being near the area in second half of August-- would love to see the car.
Stephen

franklinair

I had a very nice visit with Marty & Steve at the MCA show in Dawsonville, GA today.
LOTS of Mustangs and a healthy crowd turnout. A good time had by all.

Neil

Ruppstang

It was great to meet Steve and see his very unique GTCS. Not to brag but there is not much I have not seen on a 67-68 Mustang. Steve's car had some secondary front sway bars that were hand made and mounted on the front frame like on no car I have ever seen. I wish I had my camera so I could have recorded some of these modifications.
It was only the third time I have met Neil in person but he is a guy that I could have spent all day talking with. We have so much in common. It is no wonder Rob calls him dad.
It was a fun show and a privilege to spend some time with these guys.
Marty