• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2005 Registry Update Thread

acme

Hi Paul, my name was not in your forms update (Robert Sprague) for the new registry. Did you receive my registry application? Please respond ASAP, I do not want to miss the new registry.
My info is: Robert Sprague, 909 210-3325 E-MAIL metclub61@juno.com
VIN # 8R01C154026

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

[quote author=acme link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=60#msg15777 date=1129849684]
Hi Paul, my name was not in your forms update (Robert Sprague) for the new registry. Did you receive my registry application? Please respond ASAP, I do not want to miss the new registry.
My info is: Robert Sprague
[/quote]

I'll have to check, but your name is real familiar to the recent pages that I've been going over.

Sometimes, I get letters that aren't like gettng a returned registry form, and in the letter--they mention the VIN and data tag, etc. So--I have to go through every piece of mail like that--and I have several year's worth of letters that I have gone through. It can be tedious--but necessary to be complete.

That is why I might miss something, or why it's not on the last few lists that I've done.

Robert--if it isn't any trouble--you might want to resend your info to me (look for my address in his thread).

Thanks to all for doing that for me!

Paul.

acme

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=60#msg15800 date=1129875824]
[quote author=acme link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=60#msg15777 date=1129849684]
My info is: Robert Sprague
[/quote]

I'll have to check, but your name is real familiar to the recent pages that I've been going over.

Sometimes, I get letters that aren't like gettng a returned registry form, and in the letter--they mention the VIN and data tag, etc. So--I have to go through every piece of mail like that--and I have several year's worth of letters that I have gone through. It can be tedious--but necessary to be complete.

That is why I might miss something, or why it's not on the last few lists that I've done.

Robert--if it isn't any trouble--you might want to resend your info to me (look for my address in his thread).

Thanks to all for doing that for me!

Paul.
[/quote]hi paul i resent my info in your on line registry,
please let me know if you got it. thank you for all the work you are doing for the hobby/owners/world on the registry. i really appreciate how much effort goes into a project of this size. you are my hero. p.s. i dont know if it matters but, i am moving soon and all of my info will change. thank you again. robert sprague

somethingspecial

Hi Paul, I left you a phone message the other day, haven't heard back yet. I need two registry forms, as a freind of mine just purchase a GT/CS. Hope to hear from you. Mike

J.Bart

HELLO PAUL,
I THOUGHT I REGISTERED A FEW YEARS BACK, MAYBE I MEANT TO AND FORGOT . I DIDN'T SEE MY NAME ON THE LIST, SO I REGISTERED ON THIS WEB SITE.
CAN YOU VERIFY FOR ME, I WANT TO BE INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRY YOUR WORKING ON.
J. BART HENNEFER
8R01J156645
THANK YOU
JBART

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Just to clarify, using the online form here on the site to add to the Registry isn't the same as sending them to Paul directly. I've burned a CD of those cars submitted via the web site and will mail it to Paul this week, but that only includes the very basic of info. In order to include photos or more detail you should snail mail it directly to Paul.

Powell

[quote author=PNewitt link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=0#msg10549 date=1116182939]
I'm wrapping up my other book project this week, and am NOW ready to dive into the new 2005 GT/CS Registry Book project.

This book will be the compilation of both the 1988 and 1996 books, with some great new items--along with some "secret goodies" that I'm sure you'll all like!

What I need to know is: What would YOU like to see in this book?? Every idea or suggestion is encouraged. Service parts and procedures? More concours info? History? Recognition?

I will be listing the cars in the registry, (name, VIN, Door Tag info) with boxes checked (or not) for "concours/driver/custom/orig. owner, etc. and if a copy of the invoice, window sticker and/or Marti report in included. I will also mention if it's won any trophies or awards.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions--

This thread (sticky?) will keep you posted on the book's progress. Target date for completion is Fall 2005.

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Paul, I have been trying unsuccessfully to check and make sure my information has been updated for the new registrty. How do I get a registry form If the online registry here is not sufficient?

Thanks for any help you can be.

Ralph
powells.signs@verizon.net[/quote]

Mustanglvr

Paul, I sent a letter with Marti report and pics the other day. Rhonda

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here are a few more that I recently received:

D. Potter
W. Ulriksen
C Boyce
J. Huey
D. Culwell

More to follow--Thanks!!

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here are a few more that I got today:

Schrader
Niksic
Truitt
Reina

and ones from Blackfoot, ID, and Santa Cruz, CA

Thanks to you all for making the effort (and for paying that postage!)

Paul N. 8)

PFSlim

Paul N.

What is your new estimation on the completed package? Not trying to push, just interested in your progress. :D

Paul

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Well, as much as I'd like to say "before the end of the year", it's probably going to be more like Feb 06.

I just finished one book (on Model RR), and I'm making collectible high-end 2' tall Space Needle models (with lights), then I have a small edit job on another book I did in 1984 (non Mustang).

So--I am at least pooling together info and data, and photos, as well as feelers out there for some new research, but I can say that this will probably be the best book ever on a specific Classic Mustang. I don't mean to overstate it, but I am enthusiastic about it very much. I have yet to hear from SAAC, too.

All of your support has made this new book happen, and it was triggered by JB buying the '88 edition for over $200 on EBAY (as well as the others on Ebay, too.)

So--that is the truth of it. I do manage to do something on it every day. My books are always quite comprehensive--and make for a fun read.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

and it was triggered by JB buying the '88 edition for over $200 on EBAY (as well as the others on Ebay, too.)

Yes, I am the president of the more money than brains club sometimes. ;)

good to see something triggered the revision, glad I could help.

Diesel Donna

Yaaaaaaaaayyyy JB And Paul !!

I had been out of the loop with my CS for quite a while with 'life changes' and also had trouble registering on this site a couple years ago so I just forgot about it. Then I was determined to get on here and found that Paul was starting another book. I would have been crushed to learn that I might have missed it! It has renewed my craziness about my car.
I hope that the owners of CS's that I met years ago at Knott's have registered their cars. I still carry around copies of Paul's original registration to give to CS owners that I find.
I tried to chase down a white CS on Hwy. 18 in Apple Valley, Ca. last week, had an elderly couple driving it. But I was in my huge old ambulance and caught a couple of red lights.Wish I could have...um... 'pulled them over' with my own red lights. I'm sure I'll find them again.
Anyhow I am utterly grateful to JB and Paul and look forward to this book!

~~~~donna

mmarsalone

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=75#msg16315 date=1131283807]
and it was triggered by JB buying the '88 edition for over $200 on EBAY (as well as the others on Ebay, too.)

Yes, I am the president of the more money than brains club sometimes. ;)

[/quote]

Jason, to steal a phrase from another web site..........." You paid too much!" ;D

Actually, I think it's great for Paul's books to get top dollar. I happen to get my 88 edition off Ebay for only $108, and it was signed by Paul.

Mike

Mustanglvr

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1688;start=75#msg16342 date=1131318750]
You paid too much!"

just doing my part to big the price up on these. law of averages. :)
[/quote]

So Jason, can we count on you to be at the Barrett-Jackson auction to bid on that GT/CS thats coming up? ;D ;)