• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Why I drive my GT/CS

joedls

Sunday morning I get up and drive my GT/CS over to the nearest Starbuck's. As I pull in to the parking spot, a $40K Vette pulls in next to me and a guy in a white van pulls in next to him.

The guy in the van passes right by the Vette, nearly tripping over himself, to come and look at my car and tell me how beautiful it is.

After I got coffee for the wife and me, I drove home. When I get out of the car, the white van is in the street. The guy followed me home to look at the car some more and tell me a story about a '68 Mustang his father bought when he was a kid and he drove during high school!

Or how about when I take my wife to dinner and valet park the car. When I come out all of the valets are huddled around my car. My car is parked right in front for all to see. And this is a lot full of Mercedes, Jags, & BMWs.

I love this car!!! ;D

meadowsdk28

Like when the guy is just crossing the street and sees the car and comes right up to the window to inquire about the coolest looking Mustang he has ever seen. It always backs up traffic when that happens.

rvrtrash

Or if you're in the turn lane and the guy in the through lane next to you sits through an entire light while people behind him are honking just so he can look at your car longer. If you own one of these, you better not be shy because they do attract attention.
Steve

PFSlim

I find them coming in groves to see me at the gas station. As well, spent the most time showing the car as a favor to a mechanic, at the local GM dealership. They had salesmen, mechanics, customers, etc. Turned into a 2 hour visit of a place I have never bought a car!!

Paul

luisa2552

I'm new here aroung here and I felt I needed to reply to this post. I get mine out about every day. The best feeling for me is pulling up to a new mustang, usually with a guy driving and he looks over to see a girl driving a cooler car than his!
Sara

our special

Boy, do all these comments sound familiar.

We have traveled all over Eastern Canada and through most of the New England States since we completed our CS.

As long as we are driving we get the thumbs up but, as soon as we stop for gas or a break, we know that we are going to be there for awhile.

If you want privacy you don't want one of these cars.

Should my wife decide to stay in the car while I go inside, when I come out, she is guarnteed to have someone standing at the window talking with her.

She used to find it a bit intimidating when we first got the car, but she got over that and now can rhyme off the stats as well as I can.

She says the guys are around because of her. Hmmm, I don't notice them around when we are in our Taurus or Focus.

Dave

PFSlim

One other thing. While showing at World of Wheels with my mustang club, several of the 9 other owners came up to me and said "Don't know why we even showed up, the only car this crowd is interested in is your California Special". Made me feel real nice!!

Paul

68gt390

It's amazing how one GT/CS can almost make the whole world stop. My girlfriend hates it when we're on our way to a show and I stop for gas and we wind up having a mini meet right there. Hood gets opened, trunk gets opened everybody wants to here it run with the big block. Even the employees are outside watching. Then some where off in the distance I hear her saying come on registeration started 30 minutes ago. I love it. As far as I'm concerned, placques and trophies - you can keep um. Through all this it's my GT that suffers, she now sits in the garage and beleive me I think she is getting even - I drove it about 40 miles last week to a show and she just up and quit. Had to have it towed home. I think she is throwing a tantrum.

Don ::)

nfrntau

It is threads like this that help keep me focused on my restoration.
In the end, I'm doing it for me but is sure is nice when someone shows appreciation for the ride your driving.
Happy Motoring

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

I had my CS parked outside and someone rang the doorbell. When I answered the door, the guy wanted to know if my CS was for sale. I said that I didn't have it for sale but for the right price....

He asked to look at the car. I showed it to him, then popped the hood. His eyes almost bugged out of his head. He asked if I could start it. I told him to hop in. I then drove him out of my residential area to a back road and lit up the tires. When we got back, he said he would give me $25K cash today. I declined and told him he should come back when he had a real offer.

p51

A while back I was in my garage with my GT/CS parked out in the driveway.
Two kids about 12yrs old were riding by on their bikes and I overheard the following...
"Hey, look, a *real* mustang!"
"Yeah, Cool!"

390cs68rcode

joedls said:
I had my CS parked outside and someone rang the doorbell. When I answered the door, the guy wanted to know if my CS was for sale. I said that I didn't have it for sale but for the right price....

He asked to look at the car. I showed it to him, then popped the hood. His eyes almost bugged out of his head. He asked if I could start it. I told him to hop in. I then drove him out of my residential area to a back road and lit up the tires. When we got back, he said he would give me $25K cash today. I declined and told him he should come back when he had a real offer.

I would have told him to double the offer and bring cash and maybe we could work something out. :cool:

390cs68rcode

p51 said:
A while back I was in my garage with my GT/CS parked out in the driveway.
Two kids about 12yrs old were riding by on their bikes and I overheard the following...
"Hey, look, a *real* mustang!"
"Yeah, Cool!"

now there are 2 kids who knows what's up! I could not agree more.

Powell

My wife and I make name badges for the local ACURA dealer. It's always fun to make our deliveries in the GTCS. It always draws a croud of salesmen, mechanics and customers. Kind of fun to see them turn their backs on the new acuras to drool over a real fun car.

Ralph

Mustanglvr

I really like when I `m driving mine down a city street and people will start yelling "I LOVE YOUR CAR!" or " NICE CAR!" I can`t count how many times that has happened. People young and old seem to have alot of respect and admiration for these cars. I still pinch myself sometimes cuz it seems like a dream that I own one, even after 2 years.