• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Target date for book release?

Bob G

Has Paul mentioned any target date with summer almost over. I was thinking perhaps September or October at latest. I do know Paul has put his heart and sole into this project. The titillations of information may keep me up nights digesting this new book.

Has the new Author PMN decided on a location for a book release and California Special car show for the the presentation of his new book new book.

Bob Geco

aemoo28

This is a good question that will only be answered by the SAAC forum as it has been mentioned that our GT/CS book info is on this Shelby site now. Why? Another good question.

Perkchiro

Best answer that comes to mind regarding the book release is "sometime in the far distant future".

hookedtrout

Unfortunately a lot of people prepaid for their books so they have a vested interest in receiving the product for which they paid.

Doesn't sound like it's going to be an accurate representation of a registry where it includes or excludes who ever the "Registrar" deems his loyal followers "or not" so it has no value in my opinion. An inaccurate representation by not registering all CS cars is worthless due to the void it leaves. He has given money back to some so I'd be for getting my $$ back and move on. Maybe someday we can get a Registrar that is honest and understands his/her true role. Once Newitt let other peoples behavior control his emotion and he made the poor choices he has made he became a loser, you can not let other peoples behavior control your emotions and retain respect, especially in a leadership role. Tantrums are not a part of being a registrar, it's unbiased complete registration of all of what ever it is you are registering, you can't pick and choose no matter how easily you become an emotional wreck and call it anything other than your own little personal collection of what ever it is, he can keep his collection, I will not poses another of his books, they have no value to me because it's all about his personal gain not about the love for the car.

Cory

robert campbell

Cory,
Well said! An accurate depiction of the book. His book written in "his" sandbox. Personally his manupulation of the data has now made his books accuracy suspect on so many levels. It is one mans opinion and nothing more. At least the data mined from this site is accurate.

Again how sad. I have said that so many times, but it is so true.

Rob

Mosesatm

Paul posted a month or two ago that all prepaid books are not eligible for a refund.

Paul's post was poorly written and therefore a little confusing but I think what he meant was that new orders won't be eligible for refunds. I wouldn't swear to it, though.

di81977

If there was an option, I would ask for a refund at this point.

GTCSMustang

Here's the post from SAAC.

Notice: As of today, June 20th, 2009 , preorders sent to me for the GT/CS book will no longer qualify for refunds. This is due to the ongoing, and current investment commitments for the licensing, insurance and printing for the book. This notice supersedes any previous offers or statements.

Thank you for your ongoing support!!

Paul M. Newitt.

Mosesatm

Here's the post from SAAC.

Notice: As of today, June 20th, 2009 , preorders sent to me for the GT/CS book will no longer qualify for refunds. This is due to the ongoing, and current investment commitments for the licensing, insurance and printing for the book. This notice supersedes any previous offers or statements.

Thank you for your ongoing support!!

Paul M. Newitt.

OK, what does it mean?

I think he means that anyone ordering a book after June 20th, 2009 will not be able to cancel the order and receive a refund.

Since, on numerous occasions, he offered to refund the money for earlier orders he must honor that offer, unless he wants to end up in court.

hookedtrout

OK, what does it mean?

I think he means that anyone ordering a book after June 20th, 2009 will not be able to cancel the order and receive a refund.

Since, on numerous occasions, he offered to refund the money for earlier orders he must honor that offer, unless he wants to end up in court.

Best way to find out is ask for it back if you pre-paid and no longer have an interest in the book and see what he says. If you want the book then you should hang in there I guess, I'm sure the book will be amazing from what he says, if you trust what he says? I can't say that I do anymore, I did once but not so much anymore.

Cory

robert campbell

The book may contain interesting tidbits about the car that were mostly mined from this site. The registry is a joke as he picks and chooses whom, at a whim; he feels are not worthy of being registered.

Are we registering the cars and not the owners? What a farce!

Jon, and the members of this site, are the owners of the registry, and the true registrar. Time for all of us to step up, make the statement, and chart the future of these cars. Without emotion and a true fellowship of the California and HSC Special. Love of the car and the owners!

We have lived under the dictatorship of one man trying to own and profit from a car we all own and love. Time to call an end.

Sounds so corny, but it is so true. I will never buy his book. It is tainted and an inaccurate list of the cars. Both new and old. If he ever publishes the book, the people of this site will soon overcome it as we discover new information. Information that he should not ever to be able to claim as his. EVER!!!! He has been nothing but a thief and stealer of the information on this site for his own gain, both financially and to feed his ego. Not for the love of the car or the owners. Time for that to stop.

Demand a refund and if the book ever hits the street, buy it then….. I almost prepaid for a book and now am so glad I did not. I have been banned from the registry. I have his pm to me and it is in a word document for safekeeping. Tim had this man measured years ago. He was right on! He has done way more to hurt this site, its owners, and the cars legacy.….

Rob

Last edited: