• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Winter Projects

CALIF GIRL

Smokin Joe,

I know with all that smoke comin from those rear tires as they are breakin traction, you are stayin out of my area. Unless you wanna come on up here....I could get some good photos of my black and white with the pretty lights behind you....

Mustanger

I just took my car out for a test-drive after installing the new engine, AOD, Doug's Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust, limited-slip differential w/3.50 gears, subframe connectors, and traction bars. The car is scary powerful. Couldn't keep from breaking loose the tires. I've gotta do something about that. Can anyone here recommend a good street slick? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Check it out:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+Drag+Radial+2

http://www.epinions.com/auto-review-516E-3DD8DB0-39F6ED12-prod1

http://www.speedunlimited.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=3760

http://www.racegoodyear.com/products/dot_drag.html

The BFG's are good and so are the Nitto's, ... I haven't heard about the MT's or the GoodYear's ...

joedls

Smokin Joe,

I know with all that smoke comin from those rear tires as they are breakin traction, you are stayin out of my area. Unless you wanna come on up here....I could get some good photos of my black and white with the pretty lights behind you....

I really appreciate the offer. But, I think I'll pass. :wink:

Diesel Donna

Smokin Joe,

And I can provide the ultimate 'chaser' car as well...pretty lights and all! :grin:

Oh I can see a photo op now!!

Last edited:

joedls

I drove it to work today.:grin: :grin: My office is right across the street from Angel Stadium. They have a nice big parking lot that now has a lot more tread marks on it from showing off to my co-workers.

Have I said how much I love this car?

joedls

pics of new engine compartment

Attachments

• P1000459-reduced.JPG
    P1000459-reduced.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 29
  • P1000460-reduced.JPG
    P1000460-reduced.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P1000461-reduced.JPG
    P1000461-reduced.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 25

Mosesatm

It sounds as good as it looks!

Thanks for the ride Joe!!!:thumb: :icon_pani :icon_pani :icon_pani

Mustanger

pics of new engine compartment

Nice pic's!! ... With the new motor and all that power, how's your cooling system (ie, radiator, etc) doing? I'm looking at installing a/c for my car and I've been doing a little research on the different radiators ... I still want a OE/factory look (24" rad, clamp-on style) but I want to ensure good cooling (4-row rad, fan shroud, maybe a 6 blade fan from MP) ... Any suggestions?? ...

joedls

I'm running a big block radiator, high-flow water pump, and flex-lite electric dual fans w/shroud. I ran the air-conditioning yesterday and it ran very cool. The fans pull 2500 CFM. You can see them in this pic.

Attachments

• P1000461.jpg
    P1000461.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 20

Mustanger

... yeah, with all that power, I'm sure the setup you have is necessary ... BTW, is the rad a 4-row?? ...

joedls

It sounds as good as it looks!

Thanks for the ride Joe!!!:thumb: :icon_pani :icon_pani :icon_pani

My pleasure, Arlie. I let one of my co-workers drive the car in the parking lot of Angel Stadium. When he handed me the keys, his hands were shaking from the adrenaline.