CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 01/12/2007, 03:48 PM   #16
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSlim
Sorry, Joe. Didn't mean it that way. I meant that I did not have much planned for working the mustang this winter. However, the Factory 5 is going together quite nicely.

Paul
No apology necessary. You have already proven your skills to me.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2007, 04:00 PM   #17
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Just found out last night that the GT/CS is going back to World of Wheels for third straight year. So... That means cleaning, cleaning and cleaning to get ready for the Feb 16 event. So much for not having a winter project on the Stang.

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2007, 09:29 AM   #18
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls
I just spoke to my engine builder. He's putting the heads and induction on today. Should go on the dyno tomorrow or Monday. I can't wait to get it in the car. I'll post pics of the engine as soon as I get some.
The engine never got on the dyno last week because of issues that needed to be resolved with the crank spacer for the blower pulley. But I just spoke to the builder this morning and he ran a couple of warm-up pulls then ran out of gas. He said he hasn't really leaned on it yet, but it made 520 HP. He's going to get some gas and finish dyno tuning it today. When he's done he'll fax me the dyno sheet and I'll post it here. I can hardly wait.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
Old 01/23/2007, 03:41 PM   #19
joedls
My Car Details

Haven't gotten the final dyno numbers yet. They're closed on the East Coast, but here's a pic they sent me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010406-reduced.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	3437  

Joe

Old 01/23/2007, 03:46 PM   #20
Mustanger

Wink

... That's one sweeeet motor ... once that puppy is in your Cal Special, you'll be smoking tires all the way down to the grocery store ... we just may have to call you Smokin' Joe ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2007, 03:50 PM   #21
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanger
... That's one sweeeet motor ... once that puppy is in your Cal Special, you'll be smoking tires all the way down to the grocery store ... we just may have to call you Smokin' Joe ...
Thanks. I'm very excited!! As far as the new name goes, I've been called alot of things in my life. Smokin' Joe is OK in my book.

Joe

Old 01/23/2007, 08:47 PM   #22
Mosesatm

I feel so inadequate with my little 289 2V.

This getting older ain't for cowards. - John Mellencamp
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2007, 11:27 PM   #23
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm
BUT IT`S A CALIFORNIA SPECIAL ARLIE!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? BE PROUD, BE VERY PROUD!!!

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2007, 12:37 AM   #24
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm
Think of what you'll $ave on tires! And for all the times Joe will have to stop for gas - you'll beat him every time in a "distance" race ;-)

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2007, 08:22 AM   #25
Mustanger

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls
Thanks. I'm very excited!! As far as the new name goes, I've been called alot of things in my life. Smokin' Joe is OK in my book.
You're alright, Joe ... I would only try to compliment my fellow 'Stangers ...

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Old 01/24/2007, 03:40 PM   #26
joedls
My Car Details

I haven't seen the dyno sheet yet, but I was told the engine put out 556 HP @ 6100 RPM. Here is a video of the dyno run.

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rrent=1377.flv

Joe

Old 01/24/2007, 04:13 PM   #27
Mustanger

Cool

Wow! I feel like I'm at the Drags ... Joe, your gonna have one mean engine, you might wanna start thinking about an exhaust system ...

Old 01/24/2007, 04:15 PM   #28
PFSlim
My Car Details

eBay: calspec68

My Garage
Joe

That is soooooo cool. Can't wait to see the photo's and video of your new motor in your car when it is up and running.

Paul

GT/CS sold to "PonyGal" for trip back home to California
1965 AC Cobra Replica - 390FE - Black on Black charcoal stripes - "The Black Pearl"
PFSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2007, 04:17 PM   #29
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanger
Wow! I feel like I'm at the Drags ... Joe, your gonna have one mean engine, you might wanna start thinking about an exhaust system ...
I already bought it. I have Doug's Headers and 2 1/2" Stainless Maganaflow exhaust system.

Joe

Old 01/24/2007, 04:19 PM   #30
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFSlim
Joe

That is soooooo cool. Can't wait to see the photo's and video of your new motor in your car when it is up and running.

Paul
Thanks Paul. Believe me, I can't wait either. My hopes are that it can be done in time for my car's birthday, Feb. 13th.

Joe

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions