• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marchal 656 Lights

AADaddy

I tracked down a set of Marchal 656 lights in the Netherlands for about $300. Is that a good price for original? Any pitfalls I should be aware of when purchasing something like this? I'm assuming I may have to modify the wiring. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Talan423

Marchal 656

Be careful purchasing these lamps from overseas on ebay because I have noticed a couple of sellers advertising them as original 656 Marchals when infact they are the same reproductions you can get from NPD. If you got them from Italparts.com then I would trust they are originals. He has been selling them for a long time as well as a lot of other rarer parts. $300 is a good price if they are originals and in good working condition with good chrome and uncracked glass.

somethingspecial

wiring harness

I found the 1967 fog light wiring pigtail, P/N 15A211-2A, has the correct male bullet type plug for the Marchal lights. It is a two wire pigtail that can be split to make one wire per light. The original Marchal lights only had one wire and was internally grounded through the light body. Only one pigtail assy. is required for one set of two lights. Hope this helps.
http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/pigtail_fog_light_bulb-102162-0.html

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Cool, thanks! I ordered the lights from the guy. He took them all apart and took pictures for me. They were stamped April 68 inside, which I like even better! With shipping I got them for under $400. Now I just need a fog light switch! The previous owner said to me they never worked and he couldn't figure it out. That would be because A) you don't have a switch to turn them on and B) they are not even wired up. Just some Aris lights put there to replicate the lucas look. At least it appears the harness is there!