• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Book Status / Update

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Samples, page two...

This is the cover page, that identifies that it's a 40th anniversary limited edition, of 2,000 copies.

copyright PMN, 2008

Attachments

• cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Sample Page 3

...and here is a sample page of the GT/SC, or Sport Coupe prototype, made in late 1967.....

Copyright PMN 2008

Attachments

• gtscpg.jpg
    gtscpg.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Registry Stuff...

I have over 200 Marti Reports. What is neat about having these is that I can draw production trends and dealer ordering trends by comparing these side by side...

Many thanks to everyone who sent me one of these!!

Also---samples of the photo CDs and documentation that has been sent in over the years. Another thanks to those who took the time to take photos and send them to me. They WILL be used in the book...

Paul.

Attachments

• martis.jpg
    martis.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 33
  • regcds.jpg
    regcds.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Research Materials...

I'm accessing through many, many old magazines, like Motor Trend, Sports Car Graphic, Motorcade, Hot Rod, etc....

Much new information has been found about the development of the 1968 Mustang. Not shown, also, are the many A.O. Smith blueprints that we found.

The second photo shows the restoration materials. Stacks and stacks of clippings, notes, articles and photos, collected over the years will be scanned, digested and presented comprehensively in the book. This stack is only one of six other stacks total, one each for other chapters.

Paul.

Attachments

• oldmags.jpg
    oldmags.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 40
  • resto.jpg
    resto.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Appendix...

In the appendix will be the article on the Green Hornet...EXP-500. This was a GT/CS pilot production car, modified into a Shelby proto coupe. This story will be included in the book, and will appeal to Shelby enthusiasts and collectors. It's an updated version of the story told in a previous issue of "Shelby American" (SAAC).

The appendix will also include info on GT/CS collectibles.

That's all for now...I have lots more I didn't mention, but I think you'll like what I'll have for you when it's done.....

thanks again,
Paul.

Attachments

• ghstuff.jpg
    ghstuff.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 46

rjspecial68

My 1968 GT-CS is NOT in the registry yet as I got it recently for my sweet 16, I will send it into you ASAP, but if I send in some pictures would it be possible for you to get them into your book? (I understand if its too late, but if a picture of mine gets in I will definately want several copies of the book.) Regardless I will pre-order one at this time, but it would be much appreciated if you could squeeze my car in somewhere.

GTCS42

Paul...

Thanks for the update, but I'm uncomfortable about your decision to sell your personal GT/CS. That's way too big a sacrifice..

Kevin

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks for the update, but I'm uncomfortable about your decision to sell your personal GT/CS. That's way too big a sacrifice..

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
I really, really appreciate your thoughts on that....

But I've had my GT/CS for 34 years, and it has 400,000 miles on it. I tell people that I've driven it "everywhere twice". Of course, it will be sad for me to let it go, but it will be appreciated by another owner.

And...it's an investment I made years ago, and taking good care of it will pay off. I might get a new CS, or I might like to find a Jag XK8. My love for the car will never die, because it's the best of Mustang, Shelby and elegance--all into one.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

My 1968 GT-CS is NOT in the registry yet as I got it recently for my sweet 16, I will send it into you ASAP, but if I send in some pictures would it be possible for you to get them into your book? (I understand if its too late, but if a picture of mine gets in I will definately want several copies of the book.) Regardless I will pre-order one at this time, but it would be much appreciated if you could squeeze my car in somewhere.

Not a problem. Just get it to me by the end of August--the absolute latest time you (or anyone else) can get it to me before publication.

thanks for asking,
Paul.

rjspecial68

Thanks Paul!

I sent you a PM with some more questions, and a few of the same ones, if you could still respond to my PM that would help clarify some stuff for me. Thank you for your devotion to California Specials!

Thanks again,

RJ

68 GTCS

Hey Paul, I know the book will be perfect when it is completed, take your time and finish it at your own pace. I myself have ordered and paid in advance for 3 books. I will more than likely order several more when they are released, as my bothers cannot stand to see me have something (cool and unique) that they don't have. It tends to have the trickle down effect. I don't see a problem selling the books.

Kevin

galic73

book

Hi Paul , I am new to this thread and i just purchased my first gt/cs (08 gt/cs - brand new) i am intrusted in your book - i would like all info i can get on these cars. I was wondering are you only taking checks for orders or do you have a paypal accout set up?? let me know what info you need from me so that i can put a order in.

thank you
joe

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey Paul, I know the book will be perfect when it is completed, take your time and finish it at your own pace. I myself have ordered and paid in advance for 3 books. I will more than likely order several more when they are released, as my bothers cannot stand to see me have something (cool and unique) that they don't have. It tends to have the trickle down effect. I don't see a problem selling the books.

Kevin

They say that there is about 800 gigs of hard drive room in the human brain. Mine is completely full with GT/CS information...!! AHH!! So, I need to dump it all out into this book.

Since I've committed to a time frame, I can't have the luxury of taking TOO long...but I do appreciate your thoughts on that.

It WILL be quite a masterpiece--because it's all intense on one Mustang. You won't find a Mustang coffee table book like this one...

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hi Paul , I am new to this thread and i just purchased my first gt/cs (08 gt/cs - brand new) i am intrusted in your book - i would like all info i can get on these cars. I was wondering are you only taking checks for orders or do you have a paypal accout set up?? let me know what info you need from me so that i can put a order in.

thank you
joe

Hi Joe, and welcome, and congrats on getting an '08!!!

I don't have Pay Pal, but you can mail me a personal check, or a money order, but no cash.... IF you're from outside of the US, I'll need a check or M.O. that is from a US bank (the US bank name and address is right on the check, such as "Citibank", etc...), for example, if you're from Canada.

thanks!

Paul.

QuarterHorse

Paul:

Once again, thanks for the update. I find it strange that you are apologizing for "taking so long". Considering the task at hand, I'm surprised by the huge amount of work you have completed in the time you have. I would assume you will continue to get addidtional information regarding the '09 GT/CS, so the timeline you have set up is probably for the best anyway.

Please take your time on creating this masterpiece. I am anxious to get the completed work in my hands, but I can wait..... a little longer :)

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks again....

I have my other design work that I do, and in fact, I cancelled a project for the Disney Museum up here in No. Calif., so I could concentrate on just the book. My other project is a high-end collectible, lighted 24" tall Space Needle miniature, that I've been working on (from scratch)for five years to market soon in the Seattle area...

Every day counts...and It's coming soon....

I appreciate your support...very much so.

Paul.

p.s. Quarterhorse--I love your quote at the bottom of your posts..

2007texasgtcs

OK, hoping that my ignorance will keep me from getting flamed, Do the new
S197's mave Marti Reports. If so how would i get my hands on mine, if not then I guess I would only need to send you my vin# and my door plate data to get my 07 registered?

thanks in advance
Joe

2007texasgtcs

Paul, I forgot to ask you about the 2007 GT/CS Registry Windshield Decals can i still get one and if so what do you need me to do.

Thanks again
Joe

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

WHAT? a Marti report for an S197? FLAME!!!!! LOL!..... just kidding.

Hi Joe...no, you see, the Marti Report, named after Kevin Marti, are reports based on data he bought from Ford for cars built from about 1966-1970 (I think--it's on his site)...and that the info he offers is for the original cars of that period only.

There are papers for the late models (and now "I'M" gonna get "flamed" by late model owners for forgetting what they are called--LOL!)...but it's a report that you can get from Ford, outlining everything about your Mustang.

..and of course you can still get decals for the '07's, at $10 each, sent to me at: Paul M. Newitt, P.O. Box 2245, Davis, CA 95617

Thanks for posting...
Paul N.

2007texasgtcs

Thanks, Paul, so in order to get in your book all I need to send you is the vin# and door plate data. i do have all of my build date info if you need that also.

and thanks for only a second degree burn.